“True Irish meal”

Ranked #41 of 213 Restaurants in Derry
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We came across this restaurant purely by accident while driving through Derry to Donegal. We wanted to see the walls of Derry so drove into the center and stopped to find food. The friendly people invited us in, family and all, made sure we were comfortable and chatted with my son. He had the best fish and chips of the trip, my husband had a wonderful mixed grill and my bangers and mash were tasty. Al Crowded, boisterous and friendly, we got a true taste of Ireland at this meal that we talked about all week long. Prices were fantastic and drinks (alcoholic) were included with many of the meals!

Frank M, General Manager at The Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

WE are always pleased to see our neighbour's from other parts of the country
And are so pleased you enjoyed your visit

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Typical Wetherspoons, fantastic value for money.

Great choice of food, cooked to a good standard and served very hot.

Extensive drinks menu with lots of choice of special offers catering for all.

We will definitely visit again in the future

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered a toasty with cheese and tomato. It came with ham. I am a vegetarian.. my two sisters orders were also wrong. The staff member who took my order and brought the food over was so unpleasant. I do not pay for a service to be served like that. I visit Derry regularly when off work and this is a place I will not be returning to.

Frank M, General Manager at The Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

I,m very sorry your order was wrong on this occasion obviously our customers expect and deserve a high standard of service if you would like to call us on 02871 272880 to discuss the matter further we would be happy to hear from you
Regards The management

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

8 off us came here to order food id ordered at 8.45pm and food came out at 9 15pm, philly steak sandwich meal went to get tucked in and chips were frozen and meat was luke warm, took it up to bar and girl was shocked when i gave her the plate and felt for herself. She apologised and took food back to kitchen and said a fresh was being made. Food was bought back out 15mins later meat luke warm and chips tipid, told the girl to take it back and that it was an abolute disgrace. Meal was bought out a 3rd time steak freezing and chips hot. Absolute disgrace and working in catering food has to be served at 65c just told girl to forget about it that id past hunger stage after an hour of waiting. A while later a male member came to me with a refund and then someone came with a hot meal. Will not be back again ever.

Frank M, General Manager at The Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

We can only sincerely apologize that our standards slipped to what can only be said a very low level on this occasion
There is no excuse but I can say we were training relatively new members of our kitchen team recently
We hope you will try us again in the future and have a much better experience

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Just stopped off for lunch while travelling and came across this place. It was friendly and inviting. We had small kids with us and we were happy to bring them upstairs into the family friendly section.

We ordered 2 steaks and drinks and the chicken, topped chips and tortilla chips from the menu. The food was well prepared, plentiful and very reasonably priced. The staff members we encountered were all friendly and helpful.

This was a really pleasant meal in a place I found by accident and we were well pleased.

Frank M, General Manager at The Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016