“Ambience food and customer service brilliant”
Review of 68 Clooney

68 Clooney
Ranked #53 of 199 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 68 Clooney Restaurant” is the perfect location for lunch or dinner, business or pleasure. The philosophy behind the food on offer is simplicity; it is fresh local produce prepared with a modern twist. The Head Chef Noel Ward and his highly qualified team have developed an imaginative and exciting menu which uses only the finest local ingredients, ensuring that each dish is packed full of flavour and the dishes speak for themselves.The quality of the food offering has recently been recognized through the Northern Ireland Hotel Federation’s Hotel & Guest House Restaurant Awards, with ’68 Clooney’ being awarded the coveted first prize. The rationale behind Noel’s award winning menu is based on seasonality and aims to showcase the quality of our local produce and deliver on the ‘real local food’ experience. The award winning menu is now available to sample at “68 Clooney”.
Reviewed 19 November 2017

we had a 4 course meal in 68 Clooney along with a bottle of wine midweek and our overall experience was great. Menu was interesting with quite a variety. My partner had the duck which he is still talking about and has told so many of our friends about the great meal he had. Customer service just right and we will definitely return

Kimberly M, Sales & Marketing at 68 Clooney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Marian40,

Thanks you for your kind review, we are delighted you enjoyed. We have recently started this new menu and we have been getting fabulous feedback.

We hope you see you again soon

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and a friend came here on Tuesday (10th) for a meal. We arrived and a man seated us. There were two menus and we were not informed of the soup or roast for the day but we let this go because maybe the man had forgotten. We had no drink order taken until we asked when he came to take are food order. My friend is gluten free but he was dismissive of this and were given little information so we had to work it out for ourselves. When are food arrived a side was missing and the same man said he would go get it for us. We never got that side and when we brought this to his attention he was again dismissive and didn’t apologise. We were not asked if we wanted any sauce so we did without to. When he came to take are plates away we were not asked if we wanted dessert, even though we did. But a few moments later he showed up at our table with the bill.
I feel like we were treated in a very ‘give them there food and get out’ manner. This is beyond a joke and I am not happy about this. The hotel claims to pride itself on excellent customer service, it’s a joke. This man needs fired in my opinion because if he treats all customers in the same way as he treated us, there will be no customers left.

Kimberly M, Sales & Marketing at 68 Clooney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear livycunningham,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent visit to our restaurant.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I have passed on your review to our General Manager as this is not the standard of the White Horse and a full investigation will take place.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02871860606.

Thank you again for taking the time offering us feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The staff were very polite, attentive and friendly. The food choice was slightly limited but the quality and taste was very good.

Kimberly M, Sales & Marketing at 68 Clooney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Steve R,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time offering us feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Had a family dinner here recently and what a fantastic surprise we got. We were greeted by an absolute Gentleman who took care of us from we arrived. We ordered a drink and there was no problem holding our table. Menus were brought to us to browse while we had our aperitif and our order was taken. We had salmon, carrot and coriander soup, prawns and garlic bread for starters. Everything was full of flavour and the presentation caught our attention immediately. It's a long time since I've seen restaurant service so slick and professional. We were given time between courses, which I like. Our mains came and again the service was brilliant. Again we all had something different from steak cooked perfectly to seabass and pork. Desserts came and went and again no fault could be found. There is a small but excellent wine list to accompany your meal. I had been to one of the more popular restaurants in the city a couple of weeks previous to my visit to 68 Clooney and it doesn't come close to what was an absolutely brilliant dining experience. It is a 10 minute taxi ride from the city centre and well worth a visit. Congratulations and thank you to all who made our night a great family occasion.

Dear Mrs Sala,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent visit to 68 Clooney. Thank you for your kind words about our staff I will pass on to the team.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We arrived without a booking and after a bit of fussing around were shown to a nice table. Starters of soup and chicken terrine were ok but nothing to write home about - the soup was cold. Mains of sea bass and and steak were fine but having to pay extra for "supplements" and "side dishes" which should really come on the plate is annoying - is it really too much to ask for potatoes and veg to come with the fish/meat dish without having to pay extra? (Perhaps I should explain that we are not from the area and have found that this seems to be common practice throughout Northern Ireland). Also the wine menu was quite limited. I believe this is the first time I have ever encountered so many "supermarket" wines on a menu. Our servers were attentive and efficient and the restaurant itself is lovely.

Kimberly M, Sales & Marketing at 68 Clooney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Philomena S,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent visit to the White Horse Hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your visit and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Apologies your soup was cold this is definitely not our standard to serve cold food. Our restaurant team are trained to check each table after every course did you advise your server of this so we could have changed your soup at the time?

With regards to your supplements, we do offer potatoes & vegetables with our main course options though should you wish to have additional side orders then these are chargeable. Our menu starts from £22 for a standard 3 course menu so of course for more expensive items such steak and sea bass there is a small supplement charge.

We hope you have not been to disappointed by your visit and we hope and look forward to your next visit with us.

I will pass on your kind remarks to our restaurant team.