All reviews city centre the main house home from home secure parking off street parking ulster fry friendly owners b and b min walk breakfast was delicious full irish breakfast a great stay visiting derry yogurt thomas mary history
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Our bedroom was in an extension to the house and was very comfortable. The full Irish Breakfast was very good and there was off road parking next to our room. It was a few miles from the City centre but car parking in the evening was free.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Rose Park.

We stayed in Room 2 which street side upstairs.

The bed was very comfortable and the room plenty big. The bathroom was also nice size.

I have read a couple comments regarding street noise. We were not bothered at all.

If you would like to know more about the history of Derry, I would encourage you to sit down for a while with Thomas. He and his family grew up in Derry. He has a very interesting perspective that helped us better appreciate the city and the people of Northern Ireland.

If you drive to Rose Park, highly recommend a GPS to help get you there. The house has a garage that we were able to park our car in and have it secured.

Once there though, you won't need your car. The town center is 10 minutes (easy walk down hill) from the house. There is a wonderful park just in front of the house that you can walk through to get to the city.

If you eat in town, you might burn a few calories on your walk back up the hill ;-).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Rose Park Bed and Breakfast was a fabulous place to stay on our Irish road trip. On arrival, our host warmly welcomed us and assisted with parking our car securely.
When settled in, he provided us with a highly knowledgeable overview of the history of Derry from the 16 hundreds which was incredibly interesting and made our short visit in Derry so much more meaningful. Thomas also provided us with helpful advice about where to have dinner. Finally, the breakfast the next morning after a comfortable night, was excellent. Thank you!!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The room was perfect and well kept up, as was the whole house. Breakfast was delicious and the hosts very kind. The house is a fairly easy walk into the city, keep in mind it is uphill on the way back which was fine by me. You can walk through Brook Park to get to the house, which is what we did as it is a very lovely park. They helped us get a taxi to the train station. Also, the price is very reasonable especially considering the wonderful hospitality provided. I was very pleased by my stay.

1  Thank skyeport
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Rose Park House is a wonderful B and B with lovely rooms, an excellent breakfast, and warm, friendly hosts who for sure have the gift of hospitality and will do whatever they can to help you out. The whole experience at this B and B was so pleasant and the atmosphere of the place was so peaceful. My room was really nice, with the most beautiful painting above the bed. I had a colleague who stayed in another B and B (boutique type) overlooking the city wall, but her accommodation wasn't as lovely as mine at Rose Park House. It was the closest to "home away from home" I had while traveling this summer. It is also very reasonably priced, and again, you couldn't ask for nicer hosts. If I ever get to Derry again (and I hope I do!), I'll stay at Rose Park House.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends