“Warm and welcoming!”

Ranked #2 of 42 Derry B&B and Inns
Newry
“Warm and welcoming!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Placed high above the city, affording sweeping views, this is a warm and welcoming accommodation, within easy reach of all amenities. Clean, comfortable and friendly - ticks all the boxes!
Ben

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank banjolin77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is your classic B&B but with top notch fully modernized and ensuite rooms. The House is run by a friendly local family and all the family members chip in with the different activities necessary to keep everything running smoothly. Most of Derry like this B&B is on the Donegal or western side of the river and from the B&B you have a 5-10 minutes walk down into the city centre. Complimentary secure off road parking is available and needless to say a decent a la carte breakfast is served and I had no problems with the complimentary WIFI in my room. As I arrived earlier in the day I was able to choose a larger double at the front of the house rather than a smaller rear single that I would otherwise have been booked into. The road outside is not particularly busy and of course everything is double glazed but as I say in many of my reviews , always travel with earplugs if you're worried about being a light sleeper (which I am). Anyway, I enjoyed my 2 night stay and the hospitality and conversations with the friendly family who run the place - like so many others reviewers, I think this establishment comes highly recommended and the hosts work hard to maintain the guesthouse's high standards.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Rose park was not quite what we expected. Our room, although containing all the usual fixtures and comforts, was not actually inside the house, but in the refurbished garage out the back. The weather was fine, so there were no problems accessing the house for breakfast. Thomas and the crew were very welcoming and helpful. Ben, the family dog is cute, but not everyone would be OK sharing the breakfast room with him.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I were guests at the Rose Park House for 3 weeks. We selected this B&B based upon location as it is near friends and relatives we planned to visit. To our surprise, it was more than we hoped for. We were assigned a detached unit which accomodated our many coming and goings at odd hours. We were served a hearty and delicious Irish breakfast each morning. It was around the breakfast table that we became intimate with the very friendly family and staff running Rose Park House. In very short order, we were treated like family. I thoroughly enjoyed and looked forward to the friendly banter as we sat at beakfast. We were also extended additional amenities not usually offered at a B&B, such as use of their computer, mid day snacks and tea, laundry services, etc. Our flight arrangements required a very early departure from Derry. Mary, who runs the day to day operations of Rose Park House and Thomas, her father, were up extra early to prepare us breakfast and ensure Taxi service. Throughout our visit we were treated like family. Rose Park House will always be my first choice upon a return trip to Derry.

Room Tip: Reserve early.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, OH
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Where to start, so many wonderful things... When i first got there i was greeted by Mary. She had tea or coffee and biscuits waiting and a warm fire on (which was grand as was a chilly april day). Then we had a lovely conversation and i was made to feel right at home. Next, i was shown my room . Beautiful, very comfortable, clean room and all are ensuite. Every nite was very restful. The only thing you could hear at night was the quiet whoosh of cars going by. Breakfast every morning was great! From full Irish to continental style or whatever variation you desired. The hosts Thomas, Joe, Mary or one of Thomas sons, were more than happy to provide. This B n B is only 15 min walk from city center and very convenient by taxi service as well. Thomas was a very gracious host, and always very helpful, funny and friendly. Of all the places I've stayed, I've never felt more at home and I was treated like family. I was very sad to leave and look forward to my next visit to the beautiful city of Derry. I will definitely come back and stay at Rose Park House again. I highly recommend it if you plan on staying in Derry. Amazing hosts, convenient, and well priced. As a solo traveler i was made to feel rite at home. Thank you, Thomas and family for everything!

From Emily D in Ohio