“Excellent food”
Review of Siam Thai

Siam Thai
Ranked #51 of 222 Restaurants in Derry
Reviewed 5 November 2018

After reservation cock up elsewhere called in more in hope than expectation but were offered a seat at the bar and were swiftly moved to a "proper" table when it came free. Very friendly and welcoming service. Not especially vast menu but good enough choice and we were more than happy with the freshly cooked quality and value for money of a most enjoyable dining experience, washed down with a couple of Singha lagers. My Wife especially liked the sticky rice. My duck was very good but maybe a bit too much tamarind in the sauce if I was being very picky. Would certainly eat here again if we ever have the pleasure of returning to Derry.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank wart1

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Went here for lunch and we had the masaman curry and a green curry £6.50 each. The Masaman curry was delicious with the beef falling apart tender. It was mild and creamy. The green curry had a bit of a kick to it and was really good. There is a Thai chef so it is authentic food taste but the spices have been tempered to suit the local taste buds.
Service was quick and friendly and I would happily recommend this place and will certainly be back the next time we are in the Maiden City.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Bigearsmate
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Ordered a takeaway on a Saturday night and asked them to recommend a vegan dish for me and they recommended pad kra pao vegetables and tofu. I like my food really spicy so they advised to order it Thai spicy which I did, The dish was gorgeous and full of flavour although I would have preferred it a bit spicier. My husband ordered red curry with chicken and thought it was amazing too. We did have a bit of trouble with the food being cold as the delivery took 1 hour 15mins but after phoning the restaurant the manager sent a whole fresh order immediately, fantastic service. Would highly recommend. I'm looking forward to eating in the restaurant soon.

1  Thank devineden
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best massaman curries I have ever tasted. Very quick and polite service, great value. Fresh and tasty, just as real Thai food should be.

2  Thank Craig A
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This is a super restruant. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The quality of the food is exceptionally good and prices are reasonable.
We had an issue with our wine when it was brought to the table for testing and it was dealt with professionally and effectively.
Chef's specials are recommended.
Atmosphere really convivial.