2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$81
View deal
Expedia.comUS$82
Hotels.comUS$82
PricelineUS$87
TravelocityUS$82
eDreamsUS$81
Orbitz.comUS$82
All reviews snug bar pulled pork croquettes santa experience from start to finish walk in shower bite to eat few drinks this lovely hotel lovely meal fabulous stay every member of staff short stay bottomless brunch restaurant staff convenient location glass of prosecco tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2022

So, start with positives, Kaitlyn on reception, lovely and efficient, could not have done more or been more friendly. And, the rooms, although dated needing a refresh were big enough.
The less positives. The hotel was hot and windows could be minimally opened, sadly we also had a malfunctioning radiator in our room the continued to stay on,. Finally day three they got it to stop. First day we were lazy and left about two to go out, they did not clean our room even though sign was on door. Day two left about 12:45 and they had put a bag with toilet paper and an extra towel outside the door. I did say not good enough at reception and they did clean it. The last night was the worst. Event going on with very loud music until 1:00 am. We were in a room far from the event room, feel for anyone in a room that was closer. The need better soundproofing. And lastly, the fire alarm went off in the morning about 7:45 am, no information given, no calls, knocks on doors either. It went off about 10 mins later.
The hotel was disticly average before the last night but that sealed it to poor.

Reviewed 21 September 2022

I was SO SO SO impressed with the customer service at The Waterfoot Hotel. From the second we arrived the reception lady treated me like a VIP (I am not, it was just a plain booking in a family room for a family party on Saturday night passed). I work in the industry and so I am very picky with all customer service regardless of the role. The check-in was professional, warm, genuine and the lady constantly smiled and maintained eye contact throughout. I spoke with my Irish family to remark that this is how to conduct great customer service. I wish I had taken the lady's name but for the record she has blonde hair and blue eyes with an engaging smile. To be fair, all the rest of the staff was just as kind and professional.

When I left the desk and moved onto my room I felt like a king!

The restaurant staff - equally professional and so polite. From taking order and checking back on meals and drinks. Now I know that you are never hard pushed to find good customer service in Derry as the Irish have it in their blood. With so much competition in Derry you can see why this is at the top of their list.

I can only assume that this level of CS comes down from the MGMT - Kudos to you here. All our party commented on a few occasions.

The decor and the stunning mirrors and reception seating were beautiful and well thought out. My room was basic but clean and felt fresh. (My only comment here is that the towel radiator good have been cleaned and polished and the sink was blocked each time you ran the tap but I honestly didn’t care because of the incredible customer service).

Honestly guys, you should be VERY proud of what you are doing. I will for sure be back as I am in Derry a lot. The Snug Bar is also great, the barman came to add froth to my beer as I left it sitting before taking a sip. These small things NEVER go unnoticed.

I would like to thank you all. We will be back.

John S (London)

Reviewed 10 September 2022

My partner and myself had our engagement party here on the 02/09/22. We cannot rate this hotel enough. Absolutely everything was perfect. The staff were fantastic and friendly. We had the most amazing night. The receptionist helped us with our balloon arch and finding a balloon arch holder for us and everything. The food buffet was beautiful and all trays and cutlery was very clean. Will be back for a wedding viewing

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2022

Booked this hotel as a last minute trip and I have to say this place is a hidden gem. Staff were very helpful from reception to to restaurant and Martin in the snug bar was a gentleman. After arriving late on a long drive from cork, we were delighted with the lovely food we got in the restaurant and the room was lovely and clean and comfortable. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone thinking of going to Derry for a break. Also great value too in this day and age.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2022

We were pleasantly surprised on how well situated the hotel was to the City Centre. Rooms were well appointed some with fridges supplied, ours was not but available upon request. This aside the food was excellent and the service was impeccable. Though we only stayed one night we will definitely be back to this marvellous hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jason Doherty, General Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2022

Dear griffinsteven7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated.

I hope you enjoyed your first visit to Derry and I certainly hope that you seen enough to entice you to return again in the future. Personally Halloween is my favourite time to experience all that the City has to offer so if you are considering another visit I would suggest that this would be the perfect time to do so. Be sure to dress up!!

Although it seems you would certainly recommend the Waterfoot Hotel I hope you return again soon so as we can move the four star review to a five star one :)

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,