“Birthday Breakfast”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went on Friday 30th March for my dads 80th birthday breakfast. We had asked in advance if they wouldnt mind keeping a table for 7 of us . When we arrived the table was lovely . Well presented. Very welcoming . We all had a lovely breakfast. The staff were really friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend The Savoy Cafe for breakfast. ;)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

While out walking in the Mournes got well soaked and chilled. Made it into Newcastle looking for something warm to eat. This was the first stop. It was warm, really friendly staff, who didn't seem to mind our soaking waterproofs and rucksacks. Great service. The food was absolutely gorgeous. A bowl of soup and wheaten bread was just what we needed! We didn't plan on getting the apple tart but it looked so good and tasted even better. A real find which helped make the day and put us in good spirits for the long walk back to the car.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This little cafe is well worth a visit. The food is freshly made, beautifully presented, staff extremely helpful and friendly and well priced. Try the baked potato it is to die for and comes with filling of your choice and a little bowl of salad on the side. YUMMY. The fry is also delicious, and the soup, where do I stop. All in all good fresh food.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I visited here on Saturday morning for my breakfast and was greeted by a friendly girl who couldn’t do enough to help my brother who is wheelchair bound. This was a good sign. We changed our orders around a bit so was a bit awkward but the waitress was more than happy to help. The 2 coffees we ordered arrived promptly and were of high quality. Fair prices and the food was delicious and filling. If I was to have a complaint it would be the upstairs loo. Also the tables and chairs could do with a freshen up as they do not match the fresh interior, they make it rather drab if perfectly honest and this lovely spot would benefit greatly with lightening up.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect place for breakfast/brunch/lunch . Visited today with a friend . From the beginning everything was very good , we were greeted by friendly looking waiter who brought us menus . Ordered eggs royals with smoked salmon which was on specials and both me and my friend were very pleased with this meal . Well presented food , tasty same as our coffees. Have to mention that coffee was really nice and obviously good quality as my friend asked for americano which supposed to be strong but due to his previous experiences in other cafes he asked for another shot of espresso. However he was happily surprised that his coffee was quiet nice and even too strong (even tho the waiter warned him). Will def be back!

Date of visit: February 2018