All reviewsleisure facilitiesgood sizebusy hotelreception areasingle bedcoffee barsaturday nightarmagh citysunday carveryample parkingweekend breaksteakfried eggspleasant staybar restaurantsalmoncar parking
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Good busy hotel near Armagh City/ town , nice tidy clean and quiet rooms, with large traditional irsh breakfast. Short walk into town and there fore access to the sights of the town.
Town itself is pleasant, bit hit or miss in the evening but during the day very lively and inviting.
I have stayed twice at this hotel for one night stays each, and would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
BJD75, Manager at Armagh City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and thanks for you lovely comments regarding same.

We hope to welcome you back to The Armagh City Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Visited the bar for something to eat. Menu had good choice of dishes. Excellent carvery.Food was very tasty and portions were very big. The staff were genuinely friendly.
Every time I've stopped for food here it has been excellent. Good food and medium priced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
BJD75, Manager at Armagh City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding noty only our excellent carvery, but also our staff.

We are blessed with such a great team here @ The Armagh City Hotel, and its always nice when someone takes the time to let us know they enjoyed the experience.

Hoping to see you very soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 2 nights.

Very impressed walking through main door, lovely communal reception area with coffee shop/cafe area. Warm welcome at reception from Ann who really went above and beyond during my whole stay. Remembered my first name which was a lovely personal touch and I'm sure very difficult with so many guests!

Room a good size and practical. Few niggles- stained, scraped and a little shabby furnishings. Bathroom good size but a little grubby. A little more attention to detail and updating would be welcomed but acceptable for why I was there.

Food very nice in bar area and service on second night was fabulous. Was not advised that glass of wine was not included in my £20 dinner allowance until payment which had been paid in full beforehand by my company - a little annoying but made sure I spent the entire £20 on food the following night.

Breakfast selection ample and breakfast staff a credit to the hotel. Couldn't ask for more!

All in all a decent hotel which seems to cater very well for country music fans and offers a bit extra in communal facilities.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for your lovely comments regarding our food, service and front of house.

I will be investigating as to why your room did not meet our high standards on this occasion, and thank you for pointing this out to us.

Again, thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My visit to this Hotel was the best experience I have had in long . The staff were amazing , helpful , and very pleasant . The food was excellent, service 1 st class . Rooms were very big and lovely temp , so you could relax . The bed it's self was so comfy l could have lay all day . I must say it was one of the finest breakfast that have experienced in any hotel that I have been in , I would even say the best breakfast. Everything was really fresh , the eggs brought out fresh , not sitting all morning and going black . I just can't say enough about this Hotel, and can't wait until I return again .

Room Tip: Ask for the Executive Suite .
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabeth d

Dear Elizabeth

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your lovely comments regarding experience @ The Armagh City Hotel.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our food, product service and staff.

We truly are blessed with such a great team here @ The Armagh City Hotel, and its nice when customers take the time to point this out.

Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back very soon to The Armagh City Hotel.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on a roundtrip here. huge hotel with good rooms, wifi is good enough. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of variety in cold and warm dishes. friendly staff. The strenght of this hotel is that is aways something to do, bar, music etc. Only negative is that the rooms are a little noisy and warm. accessible for disabled

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your lovely comments regarding our food, and our friendly staff. We are blessed with a great team here @ The Armagh City Hotel.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.