“I love this place”

Ranked #50 of 1,146 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to The Raj Indian Restaurant. Authentic Indian Food at affordable prices.Situated on the famous Lisburn road in Belfast City, we are easy to find and close to lots of great bars and boutiques.The East meets West feel to our restaurant means you get to enjoy our great authentic food in a modern and stylish setting.We pride ourselves: = We have a wide range of Gluten Free and Dairy Free options = Our dishes do not contain artificial colouring. = All ingredients are locally sourced where possible. = We support local business. = Many of our suppliers are Northern Irish companies.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hard to say why I hadn’t visited this wee gem for so long but I guess life just passes you by. Well guys you should never pass this place if you’re hungry. I called in with my daughter who had never sat in for a ruby, she is a second year at Queen’s but hadn’t ever really considered an Indian before. We were met at the front door and welcomed like we were regulars. Great food and of course the pop’s were set down as we were ordering. Loved every nostalgic mouthful and will be back. First class and the bill didn’t sting.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our second visit to The Raj and unfortunately we will spend our money somewhere else next time. We had a yummy shared starter, but were let down by the main courses. The chicken tikka masala sauce was thin and greasy, so unfortunately we ate the chicken only. The biggest let down for us was the cost of two cokes at a price of £7! We pointed out that the menu advertises the price at £2 each, but got nowhere. We were then over charged and had to be refunded. I think £45 for one shared starter, two cokes and two mains is too expensive for a quick Indian dinner.

1  Thank offtherails87
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We visited for early dinner, second time for us as we had a great experience before. As always, the service was excellent, polite and friendly. We had a starter and main course each, the food was tasty and authentic. This is one of Belfast's best Indian restaurants IMHO.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My third time to the raj and it never disappoints, the food is always so fresh and tasty, every mouthful you taste the different flavours and spices, my new addiction is there spicy onion dip and poppadoms, yummy, I had the chicken roshani this time with mushroom pilau, just beautiful, their rice is the nicest I've tasted anywhere, just melts in your mouth, as for service its fast and the waiting staff are excellent, the same guy is at front desk each time we have been and he's lovely, think he might be the owner, always checking things are good and listens to any comments you have, always leave here happy and stuffed and with a doggy bag because I order to much, enjoy, definitely a must if visiting Belfast

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

An absolute gem if you love Indian food.Great service, lovely food, friendly staff. Overall a great experience. Customer satisfaction comes first.