“Good service but food not as good as Covent Garden Zizzi.”
Review of Zizzi

Zizzi
Ranked #133 of 1,136 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Description: Zizzi Belfast Victoria Square, which is located on level 2 in the Victoria Square Shopping Centre, is our first ever site in Northern Ireland! Taking on a modern rustic design, our Victoria Square restaurant features an open pizza oven, our signature Zizzi logs, comfy seating & an illustrated mural by local artist Hannah Coates. Our Italian restaurant serves tasty, authentic dishes from pizza, pasta and risotto to salads and indulgent desserts - all in a uniquely designed restaurant. Our Italian menu also includes Vegan and Vegetarian options. We are open Monday - Sunday for lunch and dinner. Plus tweet what you eat with free WiFi available at our Belfast Victoria Square restaurant (if you're in to that).
Reviewed 29 November 2016

We booked Zizzi for Friday night 6.30 sitting. We were seated promptly and offered menus. Nice roomy booth, our waitress was very pleasant and efficient. My husband ordered the Arancini for starter but was informed they had ran out! Given it was only 6.30 we thought this a bit strange. We ordered the sharing platter, Sicilian I think. It was amazing, soft moist buffalo Mozzarella, delicious artichoke and lovely bread. Went down really well and plenty for 4 of us.

For mains I ordered the same dish I had in Their London branch, spiedini of Fish, very disappointing not at all like the one I had savoured before. Smaller bites and not very filling. My friend had the Prawn Linguine and loved it. My daughter had the Spaghetti Bolognese which she gave the thumbs up to and she knows her Spag Bog!!

All in all a mixed bag but would definitely try again and maybe order something else.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We went out on Saturday night to have a nice dinner out as a family. We walked in and were told there will be a waiting of an hour which wasn't an issue at all. We came back in an hour and were seated promptly. Our drinks order were taken promptly and they came by fine. We placed our order when all the nice things came to an end. Starter came in 30 minutes.My wee son (5 yr.) got impatient and kept asking for the food. Wasn't too bad to be honest, but when u wait this long you expect the food to justify that wait and we were disappointed. We ordered for a second round of (soft)drinks which didn't come. Mains came after an hour of starter and the drinks were still not served. we reminded them and still it came after another 15 minutes. Dessert took another 30 minutes after mains. In short, we spent nearly 3 hrs in the restaurant for a 3 course meal. Please avoid it as the food was very forgettable and the service was even worse. I'm not going back again ever. What a terrible waste of a lovely day out with family and it's not even cheap for us to spend £s and get this level of food and service. Honestly there are many other better options both in terms of food and service. AVOID..

1  Thank Bt1Mum
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Had a meal here today and ordered Penne Della Casa. I have had this before in Zizzi in Earls Court in London and it was excellent which is more than I can say for tonight's meal. We waited quite a while for the main course and were presented with spoons to eat it, presumably because the sauce was so thin and watery. Extremely disappointed! Would not eat there again.

1  Thank Geraldine O
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I had been once before with friends and we had a very tasty meal but incredibly slow service, however as it was opening weekend I put that down to teething problems and decided to choose zizzi for a family meal

Our booking was 4pm, we were eating before going to the cinema at 6:15 pm beside the venue, which we thought was ample time to enjoy a meal. The drinks and starters came out quite promptly and were very tasty butsadly our experience went downhill from there. Over 30 mins later we were still waiting for our mains. They did not come to us until around 5:30pm, an hour and a half after we arrived. One of the pizzas was incorrect and I asked the staff member when she said she would do another one if there would be time as we had to leave in around 15 minutes. She simply said yes and walked off, no apologies. We waited another 15 minutes for the replacement, unfortunately having to rush our food into us so we could leave in time which meant it wasn’t enjoyed at all, as well as having one of our party sitting with no food. When his pizza did arrive it was undercooked, and not crisp as the other pizzas were. It had clearly been rushed.

As well as that, I ordered the beef short rib having enjoyed it last time which for some reason came with green beans instead of the broccoli advertised on the menu.

When we were seated we noticed on the menu that you could use the Qkr app to pay, so we all signed up for it and thought it would be a good way to pay promptly and make the cinema booking on time. Unfortunately when we asked about this our server had never heard of it, and the manager came to our table to explain it had not been used before and wasn’t working. We then had to chase the bill as nobody brought a conventional bill over for us, after going to the bar to pay the staff member said he would get someone. This took a further 5 mins and as we had already expressed to staff that we were in a rush this was quite frustrating.

The whole experience was stressful and unpleasant, frustratingly the food at Zizzi is delicious but I absolutely would not go back or would not recommend anyone to go again. It was quite embarrassing as I had recommended the restaurant and everyone had a bad experience. The poor manager was very friendly but clearly frustrated that the place seems to be very chaotic. Maybe much more staff training needed?

Reviewed 24 November 2016

What a pity this new and pleasant place seems to be struggling with the most basic elements of food service. Firstly the waitress (Sherrie I think?!?) was lovely last night and I felt genuinely sorry for her because try as she might, the kitchen staff seemed hell-bent on ruining our evening.

Bruschetta and garlic bread starters were delicious, but the writing was on the wall as they took an inordinate amount of time to arrive but I was at that point unaware of the trouble in the kitchen so didn't clock it. Strike one.

About half an hour later, the main courses arrived and again they were really rather tasty but the lengthy wait took the edge off it a little bit and one of the mains, a grilled chicken salad, was forgotten about altogether until we reminded our waitress about it. She said in an embarrassed fashion that they were making it and it was a slow process, but we could plainly see the food preparation are from where we sat, and the discussion was not along those lines at all, the kitchen staff had failed to prepare it. It arrived eventually, when most of us were nearly finished and consisted of a large amount of greenery with 3 VERY small bits of chicken on board. Very disappointing, and when we pointed the inadequacy out to the server, she quickly struck it off the bill, which in fairness was reasonable enough. Strike two.

We decided, at around 8.15 to have some dessert and placed the order at around 8.30, which is already getting on a bit time-wise for heavy desserts, but we thought we'd try it out anyway. 45 minutes later, I sought out our server and told her to cancel the desserts, it was just too late and we still had a long, foggy and freezing drive back to Armagh. The starters were deducted from the bill which cheered us up a bit, but the fact remains this is just not good enough in a place like Victoria Square where competition for custom is fierce. They have no chance of surviving if they don't do something about the kitchens staff. The embarrassed waitress made the excuse that the kitchen was populated with trainees on the night, but that doesn't cut it for me. If they can't get the customers served, they shouldn't be there. The starters were knocked off the bill as a good-will gesture and we were invited back, but there are so many good places to eat in Belfast now I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Strike out.

I feel a bit guilty about slating the place as the young lady who served us and the food (can't vouch for the desserts!) were really not bad at all. Problem is, you should feel good coming out of a nice restaurant, and we were more angry than anything else which is not the emotion we were hoping for.