“Is super tasty but don’t get much for what you pay for”
Review of Yo! Sushi Belfast

Yo! Sushi Belfast
Ranked #510 of 1,204 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I decided to go here because I have always been interested in trying Japanese cuisine. The restaurant itself is super cool and the idea behind it is class. I ordered the beef teriyaki and the furikake fries because I liked the look of them from the pictures in the menu. I absolutely loved the beef teriyaki however there were only about five chunks of it and was drenched in sauce that tasted so strongly of soy sauce. It could have been better. The chips came and didn’t look anything like the picture and I didn’t really think too much of them. I could have probably made them better at home. My friends enjoyed the katsu curry. All in all I think that the food was nice but portion sizes are super small.

I had a complaint about the customer service. We all wanted to pay separately and all by card and this was all done while we sat at the table. The card machine was kind of tricky so I asked how did I pay for the item as there were two buttons for yes and no. She said that by hitting yes it means to give a tip and no was for no tip and then she said normally people give one pound. I kind of felt awkward as I never really give tips as the food is already expensive. Although she was looking over my shoulder so I felt like I had to even though I didn’t want to which I thought was a bit rude.

Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello Serenem123, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. I'm sorry that you feel you felt pressure when asking about the card machine. I will make sure that feedback is given to the staff. Thanks, and have a great day!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Love yo sushi, from the variety to the fact that they have the calories on the menu which makes it easy to eat out when you are calorie counting - don’t underestimate how difficult that can be. Favourites include chicken gyoza, salt and pepper squid, teriyaki beef, salmon sushimi, aubergine... to name a few.

1  Thank 477yvonnec
Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Yvonne C, thanks for spreading the good news about our food. Thanks, and have a great day!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The food is good and the service is good but the prices at lunchtime are too expensive, unless you stick to blue and green plates and nothing else. This place also charges £1.50 for water, which is "unlimited" at the table. However, by law, they have to provide tap water free of charge and they did give me that when I asked for it. As the food is quite salty, you should ask for it.

Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to Yo! Sushi - Belfast. We run our Blue Monday offer every week which is a great opportunity to try our dishes at a reduced price of £2.90 per blue plate- over 40 of the dishes are on offer. The £1.50 charge is for our triple filtered water, both still or sparkling bu you can request a jug of tap water at any point. Thanks and have a lovely day.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We like this place, like the food, go fairly often.... service is never amazing but hey ho..
Went on a weekday lunchtime and was met with a grunt from the waiter who seated us but didn't bother bringing menus until we rang the bell and asked. ( ever heard of 'smile and greet the customer?' )
We seemed to have interrupted the staff luchbreaks ( at 1.00p,m?) as the waiting staff were standing around chatting to friends and drinking tea in between bringing out the occasional order.
One of the chefs was standing up eating noodles in the kitchen, another was nicking chips off a customer plate to eat himself before sending it out.
**Then two of the staff stood in the kitchen and rolled their cigarettes on the worktop before going outside for a fag break in a doorway across the street.**
Now I thought the idea of an open kitchen was to show off your high standards of cleanliness, rather than demonstrating how slovenly your staff are. Uck.

1  Thank Fivecatstofeed

Hi Fivecatstofeed, can you please drop us an email at yo.belfast@yosushi.com as we'd like to discuss this with you further. Regards, Yo! Sushi Belfast

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Attended Sushi school and would recommend it. Christine our teacher was excellent. Will definitely be back to eat in Yo Sushi Belfast.

Gillmmcc, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Yo! Sushi - Belfast, especially Christine! Thanks, and have a great day!