“Horrible! Please avoid (Don't make the same mistake I did!!)”
Review of Ribs n Bibs - CLOSED

Ribs n Bibs
Reviewed 10 May 2015

Firstly - I'm not the type of person who dives straight into Trip Advisor to ruthlessly slate an eatery - But I felt compelled to do so after one of the worst eating experiences in Belfast. Myself, my Partner and a friend were in Botanic & wanted to stop for a bite to eat ... 'Meat in a Bap' was closed - the line in 'Boojum' was very long - so we thought we'd give this place a go - the place was empty (which should have been a warning) ... we all ordered the half rack of ribs rib combo meal ... the drinks tasted very cheap and watered, the chips were just the nasty -straight-out-of-a-frozen-supermarket-packet variety - a dollop of watery coleslaw - and the ribs themselves were equally unspectactular- small and almost nothing to them - they were eaten in 2 mins.
The actual place just looks really cheap - the posters on the walls are black and white photocopied pictures, the booths are just a stack of uncomfortable modified pallets (which my partner later realise she had snagged her jeans on - and ruining in the process - as the nails kinda stuck out where they've just been knocked up together) - in the end we all just vowed never to set foot in the place - please avoid like the plague! - its just a cheap knock off of the 'Bubaque' style ribs & pork eaterys that have been popping up lately - but this is by far the worst example - do what we should have done and gone across the road to 'Boojum' or up the street to 'Meat ina Bap' ... it was also hard to complain to the staff as they were earnest enough but were practically children themselves!! - in the end we just paid up - left the place (feeling ripped off, still extremely hungry and £30 lighter) and went home to make ourselves something to eat

4  Thank Brian F

Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

I headed to Ribs and Bibs recently with Family. The restaurant was packed but we were accommodated ok. The food was excellent, really tasty and served piping hot.
Considering how busy it was both upstairs and downstairs the service was great. Waiter/Waitress very attentive. Hope to be back soon. Would strongly recommend. I had a chicken burger and fries but the burgers looked outstanding and judging by comments from others at my table the burgers are exceptional!
Very reasonably priced and good portions. Just missing Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Elvis etc on the Dukebox!

Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

My partner and I came here for something to eat and can honestly say it was delicious, the portions are worth spending! Service was excellent, very quick. Ribs n bibs is the place to be!

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Had a great meal at the weekend with my friends. The owner Mal came over and chatted with us, even gave us a few cocktails ( which by the way, are great and too cheap) we had a mixture of Ribs & Burgers. service was good and food came out quick. planning on having our end of exams party there. can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Really lovely place , me and my pals will certainly be returning the next time were in belfast! Would definitely recommend it!!