“Better than Bubbacue”

Big Al's Bbq & Burgers
Ranked #359 of 1,173 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Far tastier than bubbacue. Decent prices and awesome choices with daily specials. I personally recommend the dinner boxes. The BBQ beans are very good. Pulled pork, brisket and the pulled chicken are awesome. Seasoned fries are a must also. GO!!!

1  Thank Pestilence182

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I am a country lad who has just visited Belfast for the first time in five years. I looked up this place on line. So I went there at lunchtime. It was quiet but it looked well. I ordered a pitburger,seasoned fries,Carolina coleslaw and a drink. It was absolutely terrible. A pitburger consisted of a 6oz burger
brisket,tobacco onion and chipolte sauce. This is what I got. A burger bap with no burger, some pulled pork with a lump of sausage,two probably Iceland frozen onion rings. As for the Carolina coleslaw. All I got was a container of red cabbage. That was it. Carolina coleslaw is a sour coleslaw that actually has nine ingredients. I was so disappointed

2  Thank Declan M
bianconi, Owner at Big Al's Bbq & Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hi Declan, really sorry about this. Obviously your order has been mixed up. Can you contact Gary in the shop so that we can replace your order. Thanks

Reviewed 18 February 2017

O lordy, where to start...? Menu had loads of appealing options so we racked up a 30 quid order and waited an hour for its arrival (despite a call minutes after making the order to let us know it would be 20 mins). It arrived late,freezing cold, wilted and soggy. The burgers were dismaying, cheap, dry frisbees with the texture of leather. Unchewable rubbish. Burnt ends also tough and had a weird, horrible flavour. Wings were thumb-sized grease-dripping cheap little maggots with frank's hot sauce. Flaccid seasoned fries tasted like cinnamon - Inedible. Sauces on burgers were sweet and had unpleasant flavours. Chipotle dip was flavourless and cheap. Not one single redeeming feature to this meal. Genuinely not a single one. Bitterly disappointed and annoyed.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Called in and placed an order, waited 30 minutes, they somehow lost the order and asked me what I wanted again. Got my money back at least. Won't be back.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Love Big Als. If we're getting a takeaway it's from here.

Burgers are great, seasoned fries are great, chicken wings are amazing.

There is so much great stuff on the menu that I feel like I'm missing out sticking with a few favourites.

Start with the chicken wings, and try a Texan burger with seasoned fries. By the you'll be hooked for life.