2,814 results
All reviewsart decococktail bargreat roomafternoon teacloth earhot tubvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomtrufflestar hotelbirthday treat
Reviewed 20 October 2017

The building is spectacular- inside and out. Inside is a homage to the Art Deco era, with large rooms with large windows letting in lots of light, spacious comfortable beds, huge bathroom and tasteful décor.
The dining room is amazing, the service a bit patchy. Lady serving us did not know what the fish of the day was in the evening and we waited ages for service at breakfast which was decidedly average. Concierge and front desk with helpful and friendly. Hotel is fabulously positioned close to restaurants and local night life but is also quiet for a good nights sleep. Berts Bar was fabulous- great selection of drinks and the live music was fabulous. A great stay in Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Had a two night stop here on our Tauck tour. Excellent accommodations. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. I am not a fan of the Art Deco style of decorating which our room was done in, but it in no way diminished the comfort of the room. I got used to the woman's picture looking back at me from the bathroom door. The room was very clean on our arrival and well taken care of during our stay. The staff was ever ready to assist us if needed and was most informative about the hotel facilities. Our Titanic based dinner in the Great Room Restaurant (part of our tour) was very well done and the food was 5 star all the way. It might have been small servings on large plates but it was tantalizing to both the eye and the palate. Breakfast in the same room was very ample and varied in selections. The Great Room itself lives up to its name in grandeur and opulence. Walking into it is an experience by itself. The decor is awesome and the service was first rate.

Room Tip: Higher rooms should have less street noise as the hotel is right in town. . We were on the third floor and had no complaints about noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The Merchant Hotel is fabulous!! We stayed in the Art Deco wing in a deluxe twin room. It had two queen beds and an amazing bathroom with a huge shower and clawfoot tub. The complimentary breakfast offered with Irish or Continental options and can be delivered to your room. It was quiet, which is saying something, since we were staying there on Culture Night, which was crazy with music and people (Really fun, btw). We weren't facing Skipper Street, though. It might have been noisy then. The service was 5 star all the way! Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went to the Merchant Hotel to celebrate our 19th Wedding Anniversary on 1st Oct.We booked one of the offers the hotel had on and were very pleased with everything the hotel offered.We went down for our dinner and whilst waiting for our meal we got chatting to the guy at front of house(sorry cant remember his name)he ask why we choose the merchant and we told him it was our anniversary. When our meal came the guy brought down two glasses of pressco to celebrate our anniversary and wished us all the best..When our dessert came we also got a mini cake with happy anniversary on it a complete surprise for us both.I would say to anyone if you want to be treated special go and experience the merchant,it doesnt matter what walk of life your from the staff just want to make your stay special.Lastly i just want to say to the guy a big thanks for making our stay that extra bit special.cheers

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We have just stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and The staff were all lovely and friendly too. We paid for offer of the month treatments which was stated it included a 45 minute massage. we were Taken through over 5 minutes late tho and then when Asked to lay on the bed and wait my mum waited another 10 minutes until the lady came back in the room which then was really a 30 minute massage. (My mum did say the woman was very lovely and did a good massage) . Unfortunately today we were due to fly home but our flight was cancelled due to the storm so we asked how much it would be to stay another night. I had already looked up online and the rooms were £220 and thought maybe as we had stayed there all weekend and paid altogether around £900 for our stay including spa and food and the manager said understanding our situation they would be happy to help as they wanted to help out people that had been staying at the hotel already. I was surprised when she told me it would cost us £240 for the night and I didn't want to cause any drama so didn't mention that I had seen it online cheaper. so we booked another hotel instead. Much to my disappointment I have now just looked again and the rooms that are left are £170 for tonight. Me and my mum said we would book again for next year but after that we find it disgusting that they knew we needed somewhere to stay so decided to put up the price expecting we would pay. And for that we will not be returning, what a shame!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family