New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“what a disappointment!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My partner and I thought we would treat ourselves to a bit of luxury and booked a nights stay at malmaison. On the positive side , the rooms were lovely and decor nice. Our room adjoined on to another room where a bloke had 2, not one, prostitutes in his room with him, and we heard absolutely everything! This went one for 2 and a half hours, impressive yeah i know! then when they left he had his tele on at full volume, this went on til after 2am in morning, when we gave up, and checked out and went home. Greatly disappointed in a night we had been looking forward too. I rang the reception twice to complain, and it still just went on. Think when you spend this type of money on a hotel, you expect a bit of privacy and a bit of class, belfast hookers wan't what I had in mind!! Needless to say we won't be back!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank llcoolj6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Dundalk, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at the Malmaison in Belfast for one night in Dec with my Fiance. The decor is charming and unique and our room was clean and spacious. I did find the room quite dark however even with all lights turned on so not great for getting ready for a night out. The breakfast was fantastic with lots of choice and the staff were friendly and helpful. Location wise, it was perfect for getting around. I do think maybe it is a little too expensive however as I have stayed in quite a few similiar hotels for alot less, but it was a nice treat! :)

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a bright room if you plan on getting ready for a night out there.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Booked a suite here for a special occasion and was not disappointed. Whilst the price was high it was worth every penny. The rooms were great and decor was and furniture high end.

Had no experience of the food in the hotel so can't comment on that. If you fancy a treat then I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for my anniversary!
I had always wanted to stay here as
I loved the gothic decor but I have to admit the reception area is terrible!
2 desks and patchy stained carpet but i didnt let it put me of!

The rooms were nice... not wow but nice and the bed gave me the best nights sleep I've ever had!

I phoned down for a taxi and the receptionist sorted it straightaway. Looking at the menu my partner and I decided to go out for a
meal instead. When we got back we went to the bar for a drink. The bar is cosy and had a great atmosphere and very cool seating. I loved all the little touches of this hotel like the gingerbread biscuit with the lattes and the way they present the bill in a pouch that says 'the damage'.

Next morning we went down for breakfast and the service was lovely.
However the waitress recommended
the 'big mal fry' for a 'big man' for my partner and i had to laugh when it came out... a child could have at 3 of them.
Mine was great... i had always wanted to try waffles and bacon and it came out on a wooden board
with a mini saucepan of syrup. very
good portion and it was lovely but I couldnt eat the whole waffle as it's sickening. The breakfast room is
lovely and cosy!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank kfsmcd
Lisburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very mixed review, the high quality of the rooms made a very comfortable stay, the staff where also not to be faulted in their helpfullness. If however you are planning on staying here then PLEASE avoid the restaurant, it is truthfully the most over priced i have ever been in. On the first evening we ordered two of the malmaison burgers which were priced at approx £14.50 each, when these arrived i was astonished to find they were simply a burger and a cup of McDonalds style chips. One of which was inedible as it was cold throughout.
The worst however was breakfast, a traditional fry costs £14.50 and to my disappointment i found this only to consist of 1 sausage, 1 rasher of bacon, one small egg, one piece of black pudding and a half tomato.
Avery over priced restaurant to be avoided at all costs, there are dozens of better and much cheaper places across Belfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple