1,617 results
All reviews rooms are small city centre great budget hotel toilet and shower cheap hotel triple room what it says on the tin short stay continental breakfast bus station light sleeper clean hotel key card min walk would stay again bars and restaurants wetherspoons
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Room are basic and very small. It was clean however. Felt a bit like a cabin on a ship.

Free WiFi

Entrance to shower is within the room, may be akward for shy people sharing with friends, was grand for us however.

Shower didn't have very good pressure, water wasn't particularly hot either. It was just about sufficient.

We were a party of three, only two towels provided. When we got extra towel, house keeping only have two towels again the next morning, poor attention to detail.

Location is really good.

No parking, but NCP is across the road and the hotel will validate your parking ticket so a discount can be obtained.

Not a place for a romantic get away to be honest. Perfect for a boozy weekend in Belfast with friends.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Etap_Belfast_GM, Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hello ArraMusha,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

Your comments have been noted with appreciation and we will work on the points raised to improve our guests' experience.

We hope you will stay again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Tomi Balogh

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed here a few weekends ago. I liked the interactive check-in on Ipads as well as the free coffee/tea in the lobby as well as Iphone charging stations. But not so great was the room itself. First, it's a weird configuration. We were put in a triple with a bunk bed. The room is really tiny so definitely best if only staying there to sleep. The shower is in the room itself. But even odder is the toilet situation as the door doesn't go all the way to the floor or to the ceiling so you can umm hear all the sounds someone is making in the loo. We chose an odd-numbered room to minimise noise from Filthy McNasty's bar adjacent to the hotel and that worked well. What miffed me though is there is cash deposit required for a hair dryer (not mentioned at check-in or in the room materials) so if you go downstairs to get it and didn't know, you'd have to return. Just annoying. Also, you charged (!!!) for leaving luggage behind. 2 quid per item. Overall, wouldn't sat it 's worth 100 pounds a night. You're paying for the central location (which admittingly is super convenient to Victoria train station) and to walk easily around Belfast.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Etap_Belfast_GM, Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Genibre,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Belfast. Also I am really sorry that our hotel didn't reach your expectations.

Etap/Ibis Budget is the smart, modern and budget-friendly hotel offering a limited service for customers looking for a no-frills accommodation. Our award winning “cocoon rooms” are designed to maximise the limited space in an ergonomic setting. The atmosphere is distinctly cozy, with soft, relaxing colors and a radically new approach towards lighting, space and materials. I am sorry if this was not to your liking and will forward your comments to our design team.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay memorable in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This hotel is in an excellent location, right near Belfast city centre. Immediately next door is a bar/nightclub called Filthy McNasty's... perfect for me and my friends, as we are self-proclaimed party animals and really used the bar to our advantage by staying out until 3am. I can imagine though that it's not really ideal for anyone who wants a bit of peace and quiet! I'd certainly recommend this hotel for anyone who loves a good "sesh", but otherwise you might want to think twice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Etap_Belfast_GM, Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello Madison,

This is really nice from you ! 5/5 this is amazing, I am so glad that your stay with us was a great!

We hope to see you again !

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We stayed for one night only, The rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable.
The shower location is a little strange but fine if your sharing with good friends
I think a shower gel would be more beneficial than a little bar of soap in a triple room.!!
The noise from the bar next door is very loud ( i'ts a great pub though )but as mentioned in previous posts, request an odd numbered room if you like to retire early.
Breakfast is a very basic continental buffet but with good quality coffee machines.
Reception staff were all very helpful and pleasant.Central location of this hotel is a major plus.
Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank IrelandQuest

Dear Guest,

5/4, this is really nice from you and we are really happy to learn that your stay was good.
It is our mission to make it memorable ! I will share your comment with my team.

Thanks once more for your kind feedback, It would be a pleasure to see you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I'm leaving this review to pass the time until the bar next door closes, because there's absolutely no chance of sleeping until then. Supposedly it closes at 1 but it's well past that and so far it hasn't died down. Perhaps if they offered a far cheaper price for what seems to be the "noisy side" of the hotel, or if they provided free ear plugs, or even just warned guests booking - this would be somewhat ok. Unless you are one of those people who can sleep through anything, do NOT stay here.

It's a shame because otherwise, the rooms are very clean, the staff is friendly, and it's a good location. The rooms are basic but for the price it's what I expected.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Etap_Belfast_GM, Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Awills,

I am deeply sorry to learn about your experience with us. I do understand that noise could be really annoying.

We work closely with a local council and measuring noise levels to make sure it’s not exceeding the legal limits. I apologies if on this occasion, the measures taken seemed not to be effective.

I hope that you will give us a chance to serve you better in the future.

Warm Regards,