“Simply exquisite”

Cuisines: European
Good for: View details
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2022 via mobile

Tonight I was told I was being taken to OX for a tasting menu. Oh my word! Exquisite, delicious, exciting, welcoming, & just thoroughly good!
I’m a real foodie so I adore trying anything new. This little gem was so on point!
The staff were friendly, professional, enjoyable & knew their stuff.
I loved it.
Unfortunately I knocked my glass of wine (clumsy) & it shattered all over the floor. Within seconds it was mopped up, cleaned away, never to be mentioned again. Literally! Nothing was too much trouble.
The French guy was super professional & the Spanish girl was cheery & fun.
I do not live in Belfast but if I did I would bring all my friends & family here.
Really! So so good!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2022 via mobile

Wonderful food, in a lovely venue , beautifully designed and lit. Food was exquisite, delicious flavours. Service was fantastic.

Reviewed 12 November 2022 via mobile

Some lovely food with well paired wines but spoiled by small portions of both. Finished the meal still hungry. We have been before and on this occasion service was poor. Too fast at the start then they seemed to forget about us for half an hour while tables that arrived after us finished well before us. We weren’t offered the cheese course that seemed freely available to neighbouring tables. When we queried this we were told that they thought we were going to go next door to their bistro (cave) for cheese and port??Not a Michelin Star event! And the bill was way over what I would have expected even for an excellent Michelin one star meal. Very disappointing.

2  Thank Simon H
Reviewed 10 November 2022 via mobile

Whenever I go away I like to plan a couple extravagant meals so whilst in Belfast I decided to try OX. It did not disappoint. My excursion finished earlier than expected so I called to see if I could get an earlier table. They explains they couldn’t guarantee it but to come into Cave and they’ll see to me when a table is available. I wasn’t seated long before they told me I could go next door into the restaurant.

I was seated and had the menu explained to me by a member of staff and asked if I’d like to opt for wine pairing which I did as I feel this gives you the best experience with a tasting menu. They are paired for a reason.

Each dish was beautifully presented, well balanced and perfectly complimented by the paired wine. A lovely couple to the side of me saw I was alone and invited me to sit with them which was lovely and a testament to the people of Northern Ireland. They happened to be out for their 20th Wedding Anniversary and we’re friends with the Chef and Owner so I got to meet him which was a very nice touch.

If in Belfast and looking to splash out definitely give this place a try.

Reviewed 30 October 2022

We booked for the autumn tasting menu and opted for the wine pairing. Delicious, adventurous courses with excellent service with a beautiful view of Belfast's river Lagan. The wine pairing in particular was sensational, without a misstep throughout the evening.

Date of visit: October 2022