“Vegan & Gluten Free specialists!”
Review of Black Bear Cafe - CLOSED

Black Bear Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Visited Black Bear for a coffee with friends. They appear to be Vegan and Gluten Free specialists from their menus.

The brownie we had was really lovely and was gluten free. They run a supper club on Friday evenings - 3 courses for £20 with BYOB. We plan on going to one of these in the near future!

Would definitely recommend to those who are Vegan or have to have gluten free products.

1  Thank Tom S

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Can't fault the place! Great good, great coffee, great service. Went in with my boyfriend last Saturday 6th August. We were served by a young girl at the till who was just lovely! She's a real keeper :) would definitely recommend to a friend!

2  Thank Enid S
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Near the college and the botanical garden, Black Bear Cafe is a good option to have morning coffee in a cozy place. Highlight for the vegan delicous options.

1  Thank flavio_schluckebier
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Food is delicious, and a good portion size too. In fact, the poached egg on bagel is enough to share. A nice wee selection with something for everyone.
Very reasonably priced, and a lovely atmosphere too. For a place that's so cosy, I never feel uncomfortable, even when I'm there on my own.

2  Thank Weemer1
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Great vegetarian and vegan options, as well as a lot of choices for meat eaters. It welcomes everyone. I have eaten here on a number of occasions in the past but on the present occasion I tried a vegan butternut squash and pineapple curry, and I was completely blown away by it! My boyfriend tried a vegetarian flatbread, hummus and sweet potato option which he said was really enjoyable. The downside of this restaurant/café is the limited space within the café and on busy days it is very warm, humid and stuffy indoors.

1  Thank MegCW