“Disappointing and greasy”
Review of Ace - CLOSED

Ace
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Heard some good reviews about this place, I was on business staying the Park Avenue Hotel and this restaurant was across the road. Poor customer service and I was served a greasy mess.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Oh boy ... this place is a study in how not to run a restaurant. I tried Ace when it first opened and it was poor (see older review) with the range of options in Belfast now I don't usually give places a second chance if I've had a bad experience. I was sorry today that I did. I watched a table being treated so ignorantly by staff I almost left. The food was 1 step up from high street fast food - dry, overlooked and tasteless. Can't imagine this will survive long unless the menu and kitchen/wait staff are overhauled. Left feeling underfed, overcharged, embarrassed i'd taken my colleague here and generally annoyed that I'd paid my bill at all!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our car broke down this morning. So after walking a while we decided to pop in here for sum sunday morning breakfast. Our 1 year old son was asleep in his pram. First the girl was nice and sat us down. Then the man behind the counter was disgusted that she hadnt sat us over where the "high chairs" go. I explained there was no room over there since i cudnt lift the child into a high chair as he was asleep. To which the man shrugged his shoulders and just urged us to go ahead and leave. I was mortified in front of the other customers. Will never b back here

Reviewed 18 March 2013

visited 18/3/13
have been twice before and was generally pleased with food and service
not so this evening
waitress 'forgot' we ordered special, putting an extra £8 on bill
service charge of 10% was added to bill for 5 people? nowhere was this on menu (admitted by waitress)
bill now £18 more than should be
my daughter pointed this out to manager who poo pooed her with ,a lot of places do it its at our discretion
paid bill wont be back advise otherrs to give it a by ball try coast holywood for service and value

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Like the range of food and the mini burgers. liked the pulled pork burger. The chips are great too.
You dont normally have to wait for the table and the staff are lovely. Breakfasts are on the pricey side mind you.