“Tea before Waterfront event”
Review of Cables Bar

Cables Bar
Ranked #512 of 1,193 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We visited Cables Bar on Saturday 21 October before the Ulster Orchestra event in the Waterfront. We had tried to book in advance but all they could offer was the Pre Theatre Menu in the Sonoma Restaurant in the Hilton and we only wanted a bar snack. We turned up for about 1830 and had no problem getting a table for two, that is when we eventually tracked down a member of staff to ask! As my other half was driving I opted for a G&T, though was shocked to find that they only serve about five gins! Things are bad when in this day and age the most exciting gin you can get is Bombay Sapphire!! Why not promote a much fuller range including all our wonderful local gins! Where was the delicious Copeland! No such problem the previous Saturday in The Ivory! We both had Paninis which were absolutely fine and served promptly. Perhaps the bar could go a bit more upmarket with the ketchup - the plastic Heinz bottle slapped down on the table is a bit poor. The black pepper mill proved a mystery. We were pointed to the low quality salt and pepper shakers on the table and had to get a Manager to find an actual black pepper grinder. It was magically produced from a cupboard!!!! Bit of a cheek charging a service charge for two. Wouldn't rush back.

Mark W, General Manager at Cables Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear WendyR390

Thank you for sharing a review following your recent visit to our Cables bar in Hilton Belfast.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the gins we serve in our bar. We currently provide eight gins for our guests and we are adding an additional three in the coming weeks to include locals gins. I would a like to thank you for your feedback as it is only through feedback such as yours that we can improve on our guest experience.

We hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Mark Walker

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Visited the cable bar on 14 October for a meal before going to a show. Service was very good. Food was bland (chicken, sweet chilli mayo, cheese panini), wine per glass an extortionate £12.45 per glass. They also had the nerve to add a service charge for 2 people. I will definitely NOT be back.

Dear Holywoodgran

Thank you for sharing a review following your recent visit to our Cables Bar.

I am sorry your dining experience was not as it should have been and you did not enjoy your meal. Had our team been made aware we would have happily arranged for another meal to be prepared for you. I will ensure your review is forwarded to our Head Chef to discuss with his team.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind Regards

Mark Walker

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Was here on 13th September was awful weather outside so instead of ealking anywer nearby and staying at the Hilton neway me and my fiancée decided we would have lunch here, lady approached asked U oK there" nothing polite, I said we looking about getting lunch, so she brought us a sheet of paper not great choice but we both decided just to order pannini was just chicken and cheese and you had choice of soup or fries, went with the fries, place was dead and felt very uncomfortable, we ordered drinks which I got a pint of stout and my fiancée ordered rekorderling. I was so shocked at the price. For the 2 Panini's and drinks our bill was £34. I couldn't believe it esp as food was very standard. To top it off when we wer finished the lady who was very dull and just made us feel more uncomfortable just goes "want anything else" exactly like that. I couldn't get out of the place quick enough. We went around 2.45pm was expecting it to be quiet enuf but to be made to feel uncomfortable and the price as well was not acceptable I feel. Esp as was our first visit to the Hilton etc. Tho I will say the lady at the bar at night was very pleasant wen I went to get some water. Maybe was time of day etc but still would AVOID!!!!

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This is a nice bar and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, they do not serve food late, and you are not allowed to bring your own food in to the bar.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Part of the hiton Belfast. Good selection of drinks and fair price. Food very good and staff so cheerful especiely Eve. Overall a relaxing bar perfect for chatting with friends.