“Best weekend away in years!”

The Parador Guest House
Ranked #12 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Yank in London
“Best weekend away in years!”
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I spent a long weekend at the Parador with my partner in August.

We arrived at the Parador tired after our flight but we were soon cheered up by the friendly staff and locals in the bar. The room was pretty basic to be honest but you get what you pay for!

We spent Saturday afternoon shopping and sight seeing in Belfast. The Parador is only a mile from downtown Belfast.

We returned to the Parador late afternoon and had a great night with the locals. What a bunch of real Belfast characters! We had so much fun we forgot about our resturant reservation!

I had a car hired for sight seeing on Sunday but I woke up with a sore head and wandered into the bar where I met another bunch of middle aged guys watching a gaelic hurling match. They were a real friendly bunch so I ended up staying to watch the game and sample some real good Guinness.

Overall we had a great weekend in Belfast but it wasn't what we had planned! The hotel is below average but has a certain charm (think Fawelty Towers). The staff are friendly and attentive but it was the locals in the Parador bar that made it! Some of those guys should be on the stage!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HerbYankinLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
county Derry
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Its not the ritz but its clean and the staff are very helpful – I only stayed one night but I would stay here again as I felt very comfortable and as it was a short visit I didn’t mind the small room and sharing the bathroom.
Its not a bad wee place to rest your head ! I was very happy with the service

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mazza9309
Dublin
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I was misled by the entry on the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. I did not realise that it is mainly a pub with accommodation as a sideline. It was cheap. It was clean. The staff were fine. It wasn't too noisy from the disco. The decor was "retro" but possibly authentic 1970's. There were stairs which were a pain as I had a lot of luggage I didn't want to leave in a car on the street overnight. Breakfast was self-service and basic with the bread in a fridge and a week past it's best before date. I am astonished to see Tripadvisor reviews citing this as suitable for disabilities. I can't find an option to state that it is definitely unsuitable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mallemaroking
Dublin
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Myself and my boyfriend booked in here for 2 nights but we only stayed for one night losing out on money! I booked a deal for two nights B&B and one evening meal. I was horrified when shown the room. It was tiny, with a shower that didn't work and sink in the corner. No toilet in the room! There was a broken lampshade on the floor outside our room. After one night we left. Couldnt stay there anymore. There was an awful smell in the place too! ive travelled the world and stayed in some pretty dodgy places but this really took the biscuit! I was really annoyed at losing out on money bu could not stay there any longer! The only good thing was the staff were nice and friendly!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fandrDublin
london
Reviewed 21 March 2009

my friends and i stayed at the parador for a week end we arrived on Friday about 4pm we were show to our room by a very fredly girl named nicole .the rooms were basic but very clean .the service was excellent the bar customers were great craic the food was great value and big portions all home made .the manager peter was very helpful and frendly
i would recommend the pardor for a great wekend away

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends