“Friendly, comfortable hotel.”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Scotland
“Friendly, comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel several times before as they do a 3 for 2 weekend offer. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is good, the rooms are modern and clean and the location is excellent for going into Belfast and it is only a short distance from the airport.

Room Tip: I always ask for an airy room as I have asthma. Our room had a double and single bed in it and was v...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
derbyshire
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have stayed here now on four occassions for business and each time has been great! All of the staff, without exception are helpful and friendly and the hotel is clean, well furnished and well laid out.

I have eaten in both the resturant and on-site bar and both are lovely. The bar meals offer great value for money and the food is of resturant standard (last nights 'five spice cod with pea puree mash' was delicious!). Breakfast is always good and despite trying to stick to my diet, once again I gave in to temptation and went for the Ulster Fry - worth every calorie!

If you are looking for a good value hotel in Belfast I cannnot recomend this one highly enough - I willl definitely be back.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hampton, UK
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The Park Avenue is a great hotel. I stay there regularly on business. Reception staff are welcoming and efficient, the rooms are spacious, well decorated and in my experience always clean, with large comfortable beds and excellent en suite bathrooms. There is also free WiFi in the rooms, which is nice.

The bar is popular with locals, always a good sign in my opinion. The food in the bar and restaurant is always very good (especially the breakfasts) and the staff are excellent, very friendly and always helpful.

Parking is free and plentiful, and the hotel is only a short drive/cab ride from Belfast City Airport.

There is a good selection of meeting/conference rooms available, with good service. I would especially recommend the tea and scones for meeting refreshments!

• Stayed January 2012
Germany/UK
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed here for the New Year's Eve night and were half an hour late for breakfast. The young man serving us could not have been friendlier. He went out of his way to still give us the best service possible. We were served a full Ulster fry, toast, tea and everything else we wanted. Moreover, our friends found their way to the breakfast table even later and were still given the same excellent service. I wish I had asked for the young man's name, because he was exceptionally helpful and cheerful.
The room was lovely, reception staff also very friendly, would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Decided to go reviews good and relatives said it was okay. We paid for two rooms a double with a single and two twin beds. The later room was two times bigger than the double bedroom with the single. Also more that 30 channels on the twin room tv. No mini bar in the rooms, good lighting.
My bedroom was disgusting! I had hairs in the bed, orange marks on it, on the pillows were White stains, dust dead spider and on top of the wardrobe, I would fire the cleaners without a thought, years of dust lies on top of it. All around the door frame dust, tv. The bathroom though was pristine and nice and modern!
Room service was swift however it felt that the young staff were not enjoying being there.
Breakfast for a four star hotel....
You have cerial yogurt strawberrys apples, ready made Danish pastry and couisants, not exactly a fantastic continental by a mile. Had a dirty fork and knife, plates were served with finger in the food. Toast was burnt or not even cooked! Flora is available. If you ask the staff a question they tend to go into great detail... I thought I should start to charge for counselling, I don't need to know about their families. Nice seating area not packed full! Meat was yum, they were more than happy to d grilled instead of a fy up.
Front desk staff polite however at night the doors close, we got back to the hotel at midnight to find all the doors were locked, however the man soon noticed and opened it for us and was more than polite.

I wou,d recommend to friends and family however I wiuld say dint be affraid to complain.
Oh the bar was jam packed full and had no atmosphere....

• Stayed November 2011