“Perfect for a night out!”

Travelodge Belfast Central
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
“Perfect for a night out!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here in September 2011 for one night as we had driven to Belfast for a gig and fancied a night out.
As anyone would know, you get what you pay for and Travelodges deliver just that.
The whole hotel was spotlessly clean, staff were extremely friendly and our request for extra pillows and towels was no problem for them.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we were still suffering (quite a bit!) from the night before but it seemed like a decent enough meal.
The free WIFI in reception was handy aswell.
Overall, due to the fact that it was about £50 for the night, this hotel is hard to beat for a cheap stay over.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank KopGar
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Kopcar
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our standards and are happy to help our guests with any requests.
The free WiFi in reception is popular and has been introduced as a direct result of listening to our guests.
Garry Gaynor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
York UK
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I found this to be your typical Travelodge, which is what I wanted and expected: a great price and a basic but clean room. The staff were all friendly and efficient, which gave a good first impression.

The hotel is located close to several bars so we could hear lots of outside noise at night. Not a problem for us, but worth noting for others perhaps! Our room also became very hot overnight, but in fairness, I'm sure this could have been solved by opening a window- which I would have done had I not been with my grandmother who tends to feel the cold.

I mainly chose the hotel for its location and it did not disappoint. We visited Belfast to go to the Grand Opera House, and we arrived in the city centre at Europa bus station. Both of these places were more or less across the road/about 4 minutes walk away, which was perfect.

We booked breakfast which was well worth doing. It was served in the adjoining restaurant, with a cooked Irish breakfast brought to your table, as well as the option of helping yourself to continental.

I hope to visit Belfast again in the future and would certainly look at staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fantine24601
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear Fantine24601
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean the staff friendly and the price great value which is exactly what Travelodge Belfast aims to provide.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Pluses:
Great location! The price is great. There are no stairs (always a plus) and two lifts. There was a luggage rack (which I always look for) and a small flat screen tv. They allowed us to check in early and the receptionist was nice. The restaurant was actually GREAT and had these service buttons that you push for service - we really liked that.

Minuses:
There was no shampoo/conditioner/etc. Only one bar of soap. The bed was not great. There were no amenities: iron, hairdryer, etc. The key was rather annoying. Not a great view. No free wifi - it was 8.50/day. It was also really loud late at night, as it was close to clubs.

It was tolerably clean, but an older hotel. It was fine for a night.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ILOVEAOGG
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear Iloveaogg
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I was pleased to read that you liked the hotel and its service.
Travelodge only provide soap as we find most people bring their own toiletries and help us offer great rates. Irons & hairdryers are available at reception and the wifi is actually £4.95 per 24 hours which is probably the best value of any hotel in Belfast.
Kind regards
Garry Gaynor

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I think it's important that I say that I have stayed in this hotel a year ago, and i thoroughly enjoyed my stay the first time around. I couldnt ask for anything more, a nice clean spacious and comfortable room(this room was forward facing in the hotel) with basic but good facilities in an excellent central location for such a cheap price, so when booking again this time I wasn't expecting any different and was excited about my stay.

I also feel it's important to say that I struggled today on a decision on what score I would give my overall rating on the hotel, because of how good my first stay was and how unbelievably disappointing my second one was. I think the exhaustion I am feeling today made it easier for me to mark it poor rather than average. Anyways...

We arrived to our hotel and upon arrival the receptionist was very helpful, we went to our room and as we walked in the window was open which I found a bit strange, it was only when I went on in I smelled the stale cigarette smoke in the 'non-smoking' room, so I understood why it was open. My first impression of the room was that it was not as modern as the room we had stayed in before, (our first stay we were given room 201, this time it was 405 - a rear facing room) although this didn't actually bother me that much it was just a general observation. So far so good (apart from the stale smoke) anyways, we headed out for the night.

When we arrived back to the hotel after our night out (at around 1.45am), yet again the staff were helpful and friendly but our room was like a sauna!!! The heating wasn't even on, it must have been the heat travelling up through the floors. I opened the window to allow a bit of air to circulate around the room. We lay with no covers as it was sooooooo warm, my boyfriend had no problem at all getting to sleep as he was a bit 'merry' after his drinks. I had only had a few drinks so was sober, and lay trying to sleep at my wits end. Directly outside and below our window was the boiler, which stayed on all night. That loud noise constantly in my ears as I tried to sleep, even with the window closed to try and drown the sound out (unsuccessfully), was slowly but surely grating on me. The hours passed by and no matter what I did (tried listening to some music, watching some telly, reading...anything to try and help me sleep) that noise just wouldnt allow me to sleep. The last time I remember looking at the time was 4.21am, so I must have drifted off shortly after that only to be awoken with someone trying to get in my room at 5.30am!!!! I went to the door and explained to them that they must have the wrong room. That was me awake AGAIN listening to the noise AGAIN until after half6 (by this stage I was really irritated). I must have drifted off again just after that and then at around 8.30 I woke in a pool of sweat because the room was back to its sauna state again as I had closed the window to try and keep the noise of that boiler down to a minimum. So back up again, open the window again, even louder noise AGAIN and me feeling very very very very very very tired, disappointed, let down, exhausted and angry. What a way to see in the new year. That was me awake for good this time and eager to go home, so as soon as my boyfriend woke we got up to leave, I went to hand my key in at reception and the lady who took it off me (she didnt seem to be a receptionist, there were 2ladies there. a younger one who looked like a receptionist but who was with another customer and then the lady who took my key) didnt as much as ask me how my stay was or I would have told her how it was, but as she didnt ask me I was left feeling even more let down as I felt like she simply didnt care at all to ask.

I'm not under any illusions that a budget hotel should provide great levels of luxury, but when paying £62 for a night I definitely would expect that I could get some sleep without the constant noise of a boiler in my ears the entire night!!! And I would expect that whoever is on the desk the next morning, should have the basic people skills to ask their guests how their stay was?! I definetley would decline in choosing the travelodge again to stay in, for the risk of getting another room at the back of the hotel and paying my money for a sleepless night! Really disappointed in my experience :(

Room Tip: make sure if you're staying you have a forward facing room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really really...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank loomoo28
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear loomoo28
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Shortly after posting the review you took the time to phone me which is greatly appreciated as it gave me the opportunity to discuss your stay with you.
I trust we have resolved the issues to your satisfaction and as discussed the next time you are visiting please contact me directly (I have sent my contact details by e-mail)
Kind regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The bathroom looked like it hadnt been cleaned. The bedroom was alright, but was very warm & couldn't open the window because there was loud fan from the restaurant beside. Also the stereotypical view for a cheap hotel- a brick wall.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Jodie005
Dear Jodie005
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
As you will see from the previous reviews the high standard of cleanliness is frequently mentioned, unfortunately as we were not aware of any of these issues you have mentioned we were unable to address them to your satisfaction.