1,435 results
All reviewssecure parkingthe sofa bedqueens quartercar parkbotanic avenuefree breakfastulster museumuniversity areaminute walkwould stay here againgood sizebotanical gardenscooked breakfaststayed here for nightsbars and restaurantshotel is situatedfamily room
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Only stayed one night but everything you would expect was there and the room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed and a decent shower. I have to put a special thanks in to the General Manager Aidan Murtagh for stepping in and personally driving me to the wedding I was attending when the cab I had booked didn't turn up on time.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2015

Hello Stonham72,

Thank you so much for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay and it's great to hear that Aidan did this, I'm sure he'll be delighted that you had a great time.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

My wife and I booked this Hotel at a great price for our daughters graduation in Queens University that is nearby. First impressions were good and the room better than expected. Clean room and bathroom. The room had been freshly painted and was spic and span.
We didn't stay for too long as we had to go out to a show. Just dropped off our bags etc.
Arrived back about 2.30am for bed. The smell of paint in the room was over whelming, choking nearly. I had to open the window to allow air into the room, this was in December. Then when I checked the bed I noticed that the duvet was wafer thin, not what we expected. Phoned down for another duvet to be sent up. Duvet arrive after a few minutes in an over-sized ripped cover.
We had to sleep with the window open for the night, not the best for the time of the year.

Breakfast was included in the price and was OK. Baked beans were hard ish but that was my only complaint. Plenty of choice with the food available.

Overall the Hotel is good, clean and has all you would need. But on our trip they let us down. We told the manager of our dissatisfaction at checkout. He was very apologetic and said he would pass our complaints on and also took out phone number and email address. But there has not been any response after a week.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CIiveJ
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Hello Clive,

Thank you for taking some time leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Please let me offer my sincere apologies for what happened during your stay and for the poorer aspects of your visit. We are in the process of making improvements to our property and we are painting all our bedrooms , purchasing new duvets , pillows and pillow protectors. We have also installed new bed bases to each of our 114 bedrooms.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert with friends. Very friendly staff upon arrival. We ate in the restaurant which was tasty. Comfortable and clean rooms,great shower. Good breakfast with a good variety. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Hello JulesW10,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you would come back to stay. I will pass on your comments regarding the staff, I know they will be delighted to know you had a great time.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I stayed here for 5 nights and spent every night being driven demented by slamming doors, no one had the ability to just close a door and it literally goes on all night, every night. The staff were really friendly and helpful :) The whole place is a bit soulless but then rooms are available on a budget so that's always a bonus. Not somewhere I recommend for families or if you're looking for a chilled weekend. For those who need it, the Wi-Fi signal is very erratic!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Hello SwissSooosi,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you comments regarding you recent stay with is, we really do appreciate all feedback. I am very pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful, however I am disappointed that you were disrupted by the noise levels during your stay. I will raise these issues with the relevant departments.

I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

This was our second 2-night stay there for a weekend course. I booked 2 months in advance with IHG Rewards Club so got a great price. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, quiet, good temperature and very clean. The desk staff are pleasant and helpful. Breakfast is included and the continental one was perfect for us - lots of choice and as much as you want. Wifi worked well in our room, no problem. And the free secure car park is exactly what we need when we stay.

The University area is a good one I've decided (I wasn't so sure last time). The Botanic Gardens and Ulster Museum are just a few minutes walk away, and there are several restaurants close by. I can recommend Villa Italia on University Road for great pizzas and service.

We will definitely be staying here on our next Belfast trip.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Hello mct1,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave your review regarding your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us just as much as the last time you came to stay. I will pass on your comments to all departments, I know everyone will be delighted to hear that you were pleased with every aspect of your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon for a third time!