Europa Hotel - Belfast
US$153
US$89
Park Inn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$197
US$99
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$170
US$84
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$96
US$77
US$141
US$118
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$194
US$159
US$173
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$81
PremierInn.com
4,857 results
All reviewspiano baropera housegreat victoria streetexecutive roomlovely hotelporridgebuffet stylethe heart of the citycentral locationafternoon teatop classreception staffnorthern irelandfrom start to finishsaturday nightcar parkbombed
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Tip for Americans interested in staying here: use hotels.com or another American booking site. I kicked myself for booking directly with the hotel which was significantly pricier.

The hotel is OK. If you get the smallest room, it's very tiny. The next size up is much pricier but at least it's roomier. The rooms are nice, clean. The location is excellent. I was much more impressed with the breakfast my first time staying there which was in August of 2010, in March of 2011 it was definitely not even half as good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheGabtrotter
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was lovely. Wasn't able to eat at the restaurant at lunchtime as it was booked out. The bar food was okay; nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We checked into the Europa on a Saturday for two nights...the receptionist checking us in was lovely, very friendly and could not have been more helpful, a gentleman whose name I cannot remember. We had a lovely room which was spacious and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was fine, a little cold but still nice. Great location and I must admit good value for money. Unfortunately I was not feeling well at all and also happened to be travelling with my eight month pregnant friend...on looking at the information booklet in the bedroom I saw that the hotel restaurant served food until 10:30 so with neither of us feeling well enough to venture out we planned our evening around dinner in the hotel. At 10:00 we went down to the restaurant only to be told that the restaurant was closed for "cleaning" even though I could clearly see people eating their meal. I was utterly disappointed with this but the waiter or manager (i'm not sure) was adamant that there was 10 hours cleaning that needed to be done. I'm not sure how this was my problem and I'm quite sure that staying open an extra half an hour would have made no difference. Anyway, we were told that it was too late to get food anywhere else and that we should just go up and get room service. Exhausted and too sick to look for another restaurant we conceded. We went to our room, chose what we wanted from the menu and then rang down only to be told room service was closed. Seething angry I explained that we had planned our evening on the times given to us in our room information booklet and that we were actually told to go and order room service but this information was falling on deaf ears. I also explained that if such an extensive 10 hour "cleaning" needed to be done we should have been informed at check in that food services would finish early on this particular night. It actually came across as if I was bothering the receptionist, a female, whose name I regretidly did not get. She simply told me, “I'll let the restaurant manager know” and hung up the phone on me. I don't, for one second, believe this "cleaning" story and am more inclined to believe a more obvious situation where staff wanted to finish early, despite the needs of guests. Miserable and defeated I walked across the road to spar and bought a pre-packaged sandwich. Never again!

2  Thank Maeve M
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Maeve,

Thank you for your positive comments at the beginning of our review regarding your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. And secondly please let me apologise for the service that you received when dealing with our Restaurant. I can assure you that I have dealt with all the information provided by you. It is not our policy to upset our guests but rather to accommodate their needs where possible. I apologise that this occasion we failed to do so. What you experienced is certainly not normal nor acceptable.

Kind Regards,

James.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

It was not to the standard i expected of this hotel! I have had better food and rooms in lesser starred hotels. In saying this the bars were quite pleasent.

1  Thank loelou
Reviewed 28 April 2012

As a wedding gift we received a voucher for an overnight stay including dinner in the Belfast Europa. We have been in the Europa many many times but had never stayed over. Andrew Neill, who checked us in was very friendly and efficient as were all the staff. We were in an executive suite on the 10th floor and our room had a birdseye view over Great Victoria Street. Our room was lovely. We dined in the Causerie restaurant and the meal was delicious, the service was second to none even though they were very busy. After dinner we had to decide if we were going to the Lobby Bar where there was entertainment or the Piano Bar, the Piano Bar won and we enjoyed a nitecap or two to very relaxing music.
After a good nights sleep in an extremely comfortable bed breakfast beckoned and again we had a very enjoyable meal. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and it was time for us to check out after a very enjoyable stay. A lovely hotel to stay in and hopefully we will overnight there again.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel gives great views of the hustle and bustle of Great Victoria Street, because of the double glazing you don't hear any traffic noise.
1  Thank Crusader1