All reviews city centre university street botanic gardens street parking ulster museum student area botanic train station short stay the hotel is clean bars and restaurants room was spacious pleasant stay booked this hotel min walk enjoyed my stay stayed here for one night yogurt
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This IBIS is conveniently located for the university and Botanic Avenue with its shops, restaurants and railway station. The hotel has been built behind the frontage of a terrace house, beside a church, in a quiet street. There were two comfortable chairs in my good-sized room together with a stand for my bag, which was better than another IBIS I have stayed at. Wifi was available but for a charge. More TV channels were also available although it’s a pity they included a Russian propaganda channel. Strangely there was no option of not having the towels changed every day, an option that IBIS boasted about in the other hotel. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Donal O
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel with my boyfriend and his dad. When we arrived at the hotel (around 4.30pm) we were met by an obviously new member of staff. We were informed that the single room wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be for another 30 mins to an hour (not good when we were all in need of a shower and rest after the long travel). The girl at the desk became confused and asked us pay the full amount at the start of our stay, whereas online we were informed only a deposit would be asked for when we arrived. The double room was rather small and slightly lacking in the tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfast was rather expensive and although it was a fixed price for an all you can eat breakfast, none of us wanted too. The hot food was kept "warm" in those heated glass things, but each day had obviously been there a while, even when we went down early. The bar was also disappointing with no bar snacks available. On one of the days, the housekeeper didn't come until 5pm and even then only switched towels, no milk pots or tea and coffee was put back in. The only positive point is that the decor in the bar and dining area was maintained and quite clean. I don't think we will be returning here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our company has massively cut back on travel allowances so I now find myself trying to find decent accommodation but at bargain prices. I tried Travelodge's but my experiences with these was that good was the exception rather than the rule - the rest turned out to be ghastly. So I thought I'd try Ibis - they can be expensive in some places but I found this one at £50 plus breakfast and wifi. So the total room rate for comparison (wifi and breakfast) was £60.
First impression were ok - friendly but a bit disorganised - three of us booked the same rate at the same time yet ended up paying three different amounts..
They specified we had to pay on arrival but in two cases they only did pre-auth's (not a problem, just be aware).
I was given a disabled room so it was impressively large with all amenities in easy reach.
The room was very clean and everything worked - I also liked the modern feel throughout the hotel.
Being on business usually equals boring locations but this place is slap bang in Belfast student territory which meant lovely views as my colleagues ate out!
The area has a top notch Indian and Chinese restaurant so good for eating.
So, overall, definitely one to stay at again.
Parking is on street but free and we didn't have a problem finding somewhere to park on either night.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I recently spent 4 days (3 nights) at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter. I found it to be a real gem of a hotel, well located (near shops, restaurants and Queens University) and about 15 minutes walk from the city centre. Taxi rides to the city were approx £4.50.
I couldn't say enough about Rebecca who ensured our stay was pleasant. She told us about the off-street parking available at a nearby hotel, organised taxis for us, including a black-cab tour of West Belfast which was well worth doing to get a real feel for the city.
One small criticism - breakfast priced at £6.95 was overpriced for what we got - there are a number of lovely restaurants close by - check them out.
Overall though I and my family were very happy at the hotel - we will be back and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MackLeKnife
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked a room with internet for 42 pounds. For this price, the hotel is located in a lovely quarter of Belfast, with bars, pubs and universities all around. Ulster museum is at 5 minutes, also the botanic garden. You can reach the center by walking in 15 minutes.
The rooms are beautiful and big, and seem to be very new.
I have not tested the restaurant and also the breakfast (cause you have lots of cafes just few meters from the hotel). And the personal is very helpful.
For the car, i had no problem to park it in the street, but i've chosen carefully a safe place (not in a too tiny street).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo