US$107
Priceline
US$91
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrebotanic avenueuniversity streetstreet parkingulster museumbotanical gardensstudent areabotanic train stationshort staythe hotel is cleanbars and restaurantslocation is greatroom was spaciouspleasant staybooked this hotelmin walkenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Location wise, it's ok.. University street is near Queens Uni, just around the corner to the bars and cafes on Botanic ave, and a short enough walk to the Lisburn road. If you're heading into the city centre it's a short taxi run, maybe £3 each way.
On street parking is free .. wifi is the log on with credit card type.. £1 or £2 per hr (I didn't use it)
The rooms are functional, but nothing special. Double bed, wet room style shower / w/c. It's a budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LeMaxBleu
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

The staff was very accommodating with any request. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was roomy, great water pressure, lots of hot water and the room was quite. Good resaturants and cafes minutes away. Best for those who want to be near the Queens University. Downtown is a 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: January 2012

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and that our hotel is situated in a quiet location and very near to all the bars and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 28 January 2012

It was nearly midnight when we flew into Belfast's International Airport. Thankfully we had the foresight to book this Ibis before a lengthy drive home. Probably less than half an hour's drive from the airport, it was great to find free parking right outside the front door! We were welcomed by a staff member who showed us to our large bedroom overlooking the street. The area seemed quiet enough despite being in the heart of the University district of Belfast. After a great night's sleep in the comfortable room we surfaced looking forward to the legendary Ibis breakfast. We weren't disappointed! No matter where you are in the world you're set up for the day with an Ibis breakfast. Even if you have not stayed in the hotel you can still buy a fabulous morning feast costing under 10 Euros. The hotel is excellent value, it has great staff both in terms of service and sheer helpfulness. We plan to stay here on our upcoming visits to Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: Pre pay on wwww.ibishotels.com and get a great deal. Many rooms under £30
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

We are delighted that our hotel continues to meet your expectations and you are happy with the consistent level of good service you have received. Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us in our endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customers’ requirements. We look forward to seeing you again in future.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stay in this hotel every time I go to Belfast, (3 times now in the last year and a half), and I've never been disappointed. It is a great, budget- friendly hotel for a quick stay in the city. For 2 people it actually works out to be less than a double-ensuite in one of the youth hostels! If you book online and pre-pay, you can get a double room for 39 pounds, and usually you can get a hot buffet breakfast for about 3.50 each.

Now, I'm in my late twenties and come to Belfast just for a trip away - I feel like I'm too old for hostels but I'm not that fancy, I just want something clean, comfortable to sleep and shower. I like to save money on the hotel so that I can enjoy going out to eat and visiting the sites - so I think this is a great place that's cooler than a typicap budget hotel, but I do know what I'm getting.

The rooms (I've stayed in doubles) are sleek and modern - wooden floors (which always feel so much cleaner than carpet), big windows, crisp white bed linens, but the low price translates to bare essentials in the room: while you do get a flat screen tv, a hairdryer and kettle with tea bags and coffee, there is no fridge, and I don't remember if there's a radio or clock. The bathrooms are capsule style (like a big white plastic capsules placed into the room), featuring a decent sized standing shower, but narrow over all (if I recall correctly, a twin room at the Ibis has a super narrow bathroom, which was a bit of a pain, so if you need space be sure to run that by the registration desk). Super white with super bright lights, it's a bit spacey but they've always been clean. The toiletries are also minimal - you get a general body soap in a pump in the shower and at the sink, so unless you like an unbranded all-in-one body/hair wash, bring your own toiletries. There is no shower cap, sewing kit, lotion, or anything else.

There's no free wifi either - it's 2.5 pounds for an hour, or 10 for 24 hours - there is a computer in the lobby that you can use for 20 minutes for 1 pound.

The lobby, restaurant and lounge area is sleek, modern and clean, and I've always found the staff to be helpful (though on off-peak times there aren't many of them, so you might wait a bit to be assisted). As I mentioned above, the breakfast, which is usually about 6.50 on its own, can be pre-purchased for almost half the price. It's fairly standard fare - coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, breads, cheese, cold cuts, and sausage, baked beans and eggs. Great deal for the price, my only complaints is that the fresh fruit was not fresh - they were incredibly old-looking, and I wonder if they were actually more for display than consumption, as they obviously hadn't been refreshed in ages.

The location is great, right by the beautiful Queens University but still central to the city - nearby Botanic road is exactly what you'd expect of a main street by a uni, with lots cool cafes, book stores, thrift stores, etc - bustling but not crowded, and well lit and comfortable to walk at night. You can walk to across town to City Hall in about 15 minutes, another 5 minutes to the main shopping area around Victoria Square.

None of the issues I've mentioned are actual complaints, I'm just mentioning them for full disclosure. For my purposes, the hotel is exactly what I need when I want to take an inexpensive city break, and I will most certainly continue to stay with them whenever I go to Belfast.

Room Tip: If tight bathrooms are an issue, be sure to ask to see a biggish one, or ask to be put in a room with a larger bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast. As a customer-focused hotel we endeavour to deliver the highest level of service for our guests and it is great that you enjoyed our accommodation and breakfast facilities. Many thanks for your continued business and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and isn't too far out from the city centre, so everything is easily accessed and is only a short walk away. We appreciated the staff's helpfulness and careful attention to all of our needs. The only thing I would advise you against is buying alcohol or dinner at the hotel as it is quite pricey and can be got cheaper elsewhere. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Ibis and will be sure to return when back in Belfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that your visit to our hotel was a good one, and that our location, comfortable rooms and facilities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Queens Quarter, Belfast in the future.