“Belfast EMA awards”

Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel on 06th November 2011 - MTV were holding the European Music Awards on the same date.

I previously stayed in this hotel when it was Renshaws but vowed I would never come back- unwittingly I did!

The bad points - we were staying in room 112 - it was freezing - not a "just turn the radiator on" type of cold, an Arctic type of cold, that made you get under covers and pray for heat

The door to the room didn't close properly, and it only locked when it decided it wanted to! - (this was pointed out to staff)

The Scottish Breakfast - What is a Scottish Breakfast? the staff didn't know either although the Breakfast wasn't bad!

Good points - attentive Staff who did what they could, including the Tall stories told by the barman/night porter

A massive improvement on the old Renshaws!

Room Tip: Room 112 is a disabled room, can sleep 4 easily
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the door comment, this was due to wrong door adjustment, which has been resolved straight after your complaint. Thank you for your comments regarding our team they will be very much appreciated. Thanks for your feedback we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

When we arrived after 2pm check-in time i was left waiting 20 mins in reception before i was called back to the desk to be told our room had no pillow covers and they would be delivered to the room later, as a result of this breakfast next morning was on the house. on arriving to room it was very basic with the toilet like a time capsule and made out of plastic... then we found our air-con unit wasn't working... the one thing i've got to admit was the room was spotless.
as we went for breakfast the next morning{which was on the house due to the 20 mins dely the previous day} we had to hand our buffet cooked breakfast back as the unit for heating the cooked food was broken. our breakfast had to be re-heated in the microwave...not the standard i expected at all.
upon leaving we were not compensated for a broken air con unit or cold breakfast. i wasn't impressed at all.
the location was right in the hub of the student district. it actually wasn't too noisy at all and was within walking distance 15-20mins of city centre. there were loads of really nice places to eat near by.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkle2008

We are disappointed and sorry to hear that the stay at Ibis Queens Quarter did not go according to plan. I have carried out a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your arrival. In regards to the complaint with the faulty breakfast unit, it was rectified within 10 minutes after it’s first brought it to staff attention by you. In regards of air-con I can only apologise to you and assure you that we have a superb team here who are committed to ensuring our guest enjoy their time with us but sometimes situation is beyond staff control. Nevertheless it doesn’t justify for the inconvenience you had during your stay. I have taken necessary steps to avoid such an incident happening again. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in future.

Regards
Ph: 00442890333366
H7288-GM@accor.com

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Visited Belfast for an Educational trip and needed a place to stay for the night for a cheap price. Through Accor Hotels website found this hotel for £39 at short notice.

The location of the hotel is in the heart of the City’s University’s district. The atmosphere around the area has a cosmopolitan feel about it with loads of bars and restaurants to cater for all taste, without losing its Northern Irishness.

I found the hotel very comfortable and relaxing. Ibis hotels are built to a standard which I assume is replicated around their chain of hotels. That standard was applied to this hotel.

The outside of the hotel had character as the building was old. However, the inside was pretty much Ibis standard. The thing I like about this standardization is that you know what you are going to get and that is cleanliness, functional and modern.

The room was immaculately clean and comfortable. Facilities included tea making, flat screen TV, air con and a large double size shower with towels included. What more could I want for one night. The only down side I had in room 108 was that there was a constant humming noise which initially annoyed me till I got used to it and then slept soundly.

The reception/lobby area is clean and welcoming. This leads onto the public bar and restaurant. I was advised that residents could continue drinking throughout the night, if they wished to. The restaurant is dark and has cozy feeling. I can’t comment on the evening food as I did not dine there, preferring to take an Ice cold bottle of Peroni and chat to the attractive staff who served me.

The next morning I took a breakfast which at the time of booking cost £6.95. The breakfast was fine except for the lack of choice in eggs with only scrambled eggs being the only option (I suppose I’m being a bit picky). The selection on offer was huge, from bacon and sausages to muffins, fruit, cereal and croissants.

This leads on to the staff. I was checked in by a very welcoming and friendly receptionist called Alla. She was both accommodating and helpful. The hotel does not have parking facilities and relies on customers to Street Park. However, Alla arranged for my car to have a space, (free of charge) at the Holiday Inn Express which is 3 minutes down the opposite side road and which secure car parking facilities.

In summary, good hotel, good price, excellent staff but humming and parking took the edge off an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pastini
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thanks for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, it really matters to us that you enjoy your time and that every aspect of your stay meets your expectations. Thank you for your comments regarding our team they will be very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 19 October 2011

The reviews for this hotel are on the ball. We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and found the staff to be excellent, welcoming and friendly. They were eager to assist us in any way we needed. The room was spotless, bathroom was interesting-a small room but extremely efficient. It had the best shower so far in Ireland. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, and we also had an evening meal there which was also great. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Parking can sometimes be a little difficult to obtain (street), however they have a sister property...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
ibisbqq, General Manager at Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Thanks so much for your comments we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here will be delighted to receive your review, your feedback is so important to us in our endeavours to continue to deliver the highest level of service to our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have to break the rule of a lifetime and place a review on line due solely to the staff in Ibis Queen's Quarter, Angelica and Jarlath could not have done more to ensure that I had a comfortable and quiet room.

I am also recovering from a very serious accident and have major problems due to this ie using even basic equipment such as alarm clocks and computers, again they did all they could to assist in the fastest and least condescending way possible.

I graduated from the University up the road and am amazed at how quite this hotels bedrooms are given its closness to the University, Holy Lands etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when booking
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and our great team here met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.