All reviews observatory bar seahorse restaurant hastings hotels drinks menu is hastings group mourne mountains slieve donard hotel glenarm salmon fantastic addition recently opened hotel espa toiletries bed was super comfortable decent hairdryer lovely gentleman afternoon tea teething issues first floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Belfast Grand Central Hotel for 2 nights. My room was spacious and luxurious. The Hotel staff members were courteous and responsive. Top notch! My fond memories of Belfast City will always include the wonderful Grand Central Hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan R
StephenM5790, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Susan R,

Thank you for your lovely review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your 2 night stay and found the staff members to be courteous and responsive to your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Central very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were there for a three night stay with family booking out 3 rooms at a cost of over £1500 supposedly on a reduced deal rate. This rate was room only and breakfast was advertised at an additional £25 per person.
Arrival was pleasant and the staff are all very courteous with a couple of exceptions, however this hotel is far from the standard you would expect from the Hastings group's new "Flag Ship".
Firstly the rooms, nice furnishings but too many little touches were missing.
No fridge or minibar, no sports coverage on television, just basic freeview television. Whilst TV isn't an important part of stay when huge events like the Ryder Cup are happening being able to keep in touch with the event while changing or resting.
Our room had continuous noises of other peoples water running behind the wall which the bedhead was at, which meant you could constantly hear flowing water even when trying to sleep. Also the in room air-conditioning unit was noisy and had a constant bubbling noise. We received maid service on only two of our three nights stay with no maid on the Sunday morning even though we had vacated our room before 11am for the day.
Now the Observatory concierge, it took our party 6 attempts to gain access to the lounge, eventually getting access for 40 minutes when we lost our temper with the staff regarding their attitude. We were constantly told that the premise was busy and turned away, despite asking if we could book for later in the day.
The service could be greatly enhanced by asking the client straight away if they are resident of the hotel and having some priority assigned to guest. We eventually were taken up to the bar at 6-10pm on Sunday evening but we had prior engagements at 7pm so really didn't have time to enjoy it.
Once we were there the bar was not full, and drinks were reasonably well prepared but not of the highest quality cocktails I had been expecting. There were also some family groups with young children. I am not sure that a lounge bar is the correct place for children, when there are so many other areas of the hotel for them.
Our party are all seasoned business travellers, however we were all very disappointed with the experience offered.
I made my position clear at check out, detailing all of the issues I have mentioned in this review. I was assured that I would be contacted by a member of the management team to discuss the matter further, however I have had absolutely no contact from the property since.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay and thank you for detailing them to us.
All our suites have fridges and outside of this we can provide mini bars or indeed full beverage service to the room at the guests requests.
All our televisions are smart tv's which we find are suitable for our guests needs. I do however thank you for your comments in relation to no sports channels being available.
Apologies that you could hear running water in your room. I will certainly investigate this further with our maintenance department.
The Observatory is exceptionally busy and especially at weekends. Regrettably this means at times guests may have to wait to allow tables to be vacated and cleaned down for the next guests.
I apologise that you were awaiting contact from a member of the management team. The team are very efficient at speaking to guests so I am unsure as to why no one made contact with yourself.
If you could provide us your contact details, a member of the management team will make contact to discuss your experience further. Please email your details to foh@gch.hastingshotels.com
Once again apologies that there were areas and aspects of your stay that were not as they should have been, and thank you for your feedback.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As of June 2018, the new Grand Central Hotel is the latest centrepiece in the Hastings Group of Luxury Hotels in Northern Ireland. Hastings Hotels has decades of history dedicated to the hospitality and tourism industry in Belfast and Northern Ireland.

In the Grand Central they have continued their commitment to excellence, embodied in every amenity and accentuated through their welcoming staff. The spacious rooms are elegantly appointed and simply state quality, while the hotel offers a variety of wonderful restaurant options with warm inviting ambience. The relaxing top floor bar and lounge provides guests with a magnificent 360 degree, panoramic view of Belfast that cannot be missed. As the tallest building in Belfast, it is an iconic landmark centrally located downtown that all visitors must experience as their destination in this wonderful city. For an unforgettable experience, my wife and I highly recommend the Grand Central. Tom and Lydia

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom and Lydia,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in turn this led to an unforgettable experience for you both.

Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We travelled here on the recommendation of a friend, My wife and I found the hotel without any problem. The staff are lovely, friendly and very professional, booking in was very simple. The room was very clean and had everything the traveller needs, a huge bed, TV, just lovely. We had a room on the 21st floor which is well worth the few quid more, the views are stunning, especially at night.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms above the 20th floor, that way you can watch all the buzz from the top!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
StephenM5790, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be very professional.

I hope you will return to the hotel very soon

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Had stop in to the hotel after work with some friends..such delight at the beautiful lay out..unfortunately we weren't staying but only to the seahorse for a drink..We were a little unsure of what to drink..A great, friendly barman called Nondas talked us through our options and explained all cocktails..
We let the barman make them for us and they were superb!..
Such a great vibe and excellent service..
Will definitely be back for a stay also.
Thanks so much grand central..

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
StephenM5790, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Joanne M,
Thank you for your fantastic review and for commenting on the service received from Nondas.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay very soon.