“Lunch at EDO Restaurant Belfast”
Review of Edo

Edo
Reserve with OpenTable
Edo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 1,200 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Description: We are a new european 60 seater restaurant in belfast city centre. We serve tapas style sharing dishes and starters, followed by more robust meat and fish on the bone, and steaks done in our charcoal oven. We have a great selection of spirits, beers, cocktails and wines. We have a cosy atmostphere that lends itself well to families, couples, groups and large parties.
Reviewed 20 January 2018

First visit to EDO for lunch wit companion.
Eclectic menu with a good range of meat and fish dishes. I had braised beef pasta and my companion salmon - good portions with an accompanying side of organic veg. Desserts were excellent (chocolate tart and an orange sponge/torte). We also split a starter.
Staff were attentive and courteous without being intrusive. Music was muted so that it was easy to have a conversation. A lovely ambience I must say.
We only had soft drinks and the whole bill before gratuity (no service charge here) came to less than £50 - less than other restaurants of this type.
I really cannot pick out any flaws here - well worth a visit. There are no lunch specials or table d'hote so you get the value of A La Carte all day.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Being Coeliac I was amazed to find there were only 2 or 3 dishes I could not eat. Even better, I was also able to sample my husband’s choice! The restaurant has a range of choices from small plates - like tapas or cicchetti - and larger plates. As I hadn’t had scampi for over 10 years (since diagnosis) I chose monkfish scampi and also soft crab, from the small plate selection. I was not disappointed! My husband chose the venison and red cabbage from the large plates. He was not disappointed either! I was also able to have any of the chip dishes (usually I have to take salad!). In addition to having the joy of such a wide choice, the food was delicious with the ability to share, an unusual experience which definitely added to the enjoyment of the venue. Importantly, the waiter was knowledgeable and friendly without being intrusive. We will be back!

1  Thank Kathryn517
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I bloomin' love tapas, it is a culinary delight that Belfast needs to endorse. Edo therefore has an advantage as from where I'm sitting she's got her foot in the door and when I was sitting in Edo I was in heaven. Decor was pristine and we'll finished, on entry the waitress seemed abluster as around 5 walked in at the same time, I attempted to inform that we had booked but this was not heard, as I said 5 walked in separately and I can't blame her for not hearing me (the only Reason I mention is we booked at the pass and enjoy seeing the chefs work)

The food- FANTASTIC, we opted for 5 dishes, star of the show was the monkfish scampi, beautiful light near tempura batter and lovely dip. Chicken wings were on point, in fact they were fantastic, easy to cook but difficult to perfect lovely stuff and the addition of sesame seed was a really different twist.

The calamari lovely again with a great dip, minor niggle was it was slightly tougher than we prefer and the ham croquettes were mainly cheese, that was the only point that we noted more ham I'm the ham croquettes.

Service was great throughout and it was all washed done with a Portuguese White, fantastic! Excellent work by floor staff and chefs. Will be back and will be telling people.

1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Belfast offers a wide range of excellent restaurants and I have eaten in the majority of them and EDO is a fantastic addition to what is on offer in Belfast. A Spanish Tapas style restaurant that offers flavour, variety and value that must rank it among the must visit eateries in Belfast. We had a table of 4, two bottles of wine and 7 courses of excellent food for £30 per head. what is not to like? I would like to see the wine list develop but apart from this nothing to complain about. Excellent service, free water topped up regularly and a nice pace to the service, great to share and swop dishes and everything well seasoned and full on flavour. Just what Belfast needs and we will be back very soon. This is a new restaurant that will just get better and better, visit it while you can this will be a very hot ticket soon. Monkfish Scampi, Calamari, Ribs and the most fantastic kebabs were among the standout dishes - nothing was dull or lacking flavour and WGAT VALUE - make this your next booking!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Since the demise of La Tasca a few years ago, Belfast has lacked a good, reasonably priced Spanish style restaurant. So we booked as a group of four for a post Christmas celebration. On arrival we were welcomed immediately and shown to our table.The room is bright and modern, with the style of a bistro. There was a good selection of tapas, so we started with Marcona Almonds, Olives, Pan con Tomate, and Empanadillas. All were tasty, especially the Almonds. For main course we chose, Salmon in Herb crust, Paella, Chicken Thigh Romanesco, and Ham Hock. The only disappointment here was that the Paella did not come in a Paella dish, and the Ham Hock was a large portion but was not discernably Spanish in any way. The other dishes were lovely. It is for this reason we are giving a 4 instead of a 5. We finished with liqueur coffees and cocktails.
The bill came to a reasonable £140-00 including beer and wine. The service was excellent at all times. This place is well worth a visit!