“Great place for lunch”

Cafe Conor
Ranked #91 of 1,173 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open from breakfast till late and have numerous delicious modern European dishes to choose.From original comfort foods and classic dishes, there will be something for everyone. We are known in Belfast for delivering the best from tasty homemade snacks to hearty evening meals. Our unusual high-ceilinged room is brightened with the natural light from the lantern roof and was originally the studio of local artist William Conor (1944-1954).
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Had a really nice lunch here 4th August, six adults and two children, good tasty food friendly waitress and speedy service, went out of their way to seat us together, very reasonable as well would definitely return.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this cafe after a visit to the Ulster Museum across the street. The place is packed during lunch time and we waited about 10mins for a table.

We ordered from the lunch specials menu and were very happy with the portions and quality of the food. We even had room for desserts and coffee.

The staff were friendly throughout and service was efficient. Very happy with the visit!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Good lunch special at £6. David was really nice and accommodating. Loved the honeycomb ice cream too.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

OMG I absolutely loved this little gem of a restaurant. I ate here recently in a large group of 20+ people and it was fantastic. The service was phenomenal and although we did pre-order I was so impressed with how quick the food came out. Every single person cleared their plates and there was not one complaint which is very rare for such a large group. I got the veggie burger and it was delicious and actually stayed together unlike most veggie burgers. I will definitely be back. Service was also fantastic.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The All Important Sunday Breakfast:
It's a very important ritual for my wife and I mainly because I'm out living the musician life till late every weekend, and Sunday morning usually starts our own tailor-made weekend. I'm one of those "it needs to be perfect" freaks that really can't handle wasting a special Sunday morning eating somewhere that doesn't deliver the goods. And there's always the possibility that I came home late the night before and sat up watching TV accompanied by a wee drinkypoo...or two... So sometimes there's a tender hangover that doesn't have any patience for a bad Sunday Breakfast experience. So yeah, if a restaurant gets more than 3 stars from me for a Sunday Morning Breakfast it's definitely a place worth checking out...

I went for the Mini Fry and substituted the fried tomato for an extra egg - protein and fat means much more to me than fried fruit. The substitution was no hassle at all for the waitress which is always a nice bonus - some restaurants really freak out if you start changing items on their set menu.

My plate arrived out with a nice half-soda, 1 piece of bacon, 1 sausage, and 2 eggs. It all tasted like it was fresh from the farm and that's exactly what I look for in a breakfast. The sausage and bacon were bursting with flavour and definitely came from a good source. The eggs were perfection, tasted incredible, and had that lovely dark yellow/almost orange colour that fresh eggs have. They must have been cooked by an angel too as they were cooked to all the requirements of my fussy inner chef. The Soda again tasted like it was freshly made and was cooked with obvious care rather than the all too often "throw it into the deep fat fryer" attitude of some breakfast joints.

My wife went for the omelette and again you could tell from the getgo that it was freshly and thoughtfully made and plated up.

The staff were all friendly, efficient, and the atmosphere/decor is lovely, inviting and comfortable.

My only reason for giving Cafe Conor 4 stars instead of 5 is the lack of freshly squeezed orange juice on the menu. Paying £2 for a glass of orange from a carton is not something that makes any sense to me. That's a huge markup at the cost of quality and customer in my opinion but maybe that's just me being a big fusspot. But let's be honest, £2 for a glass of juice from a carton that you can buy in Asda for £1? I don't think I'd be alone in thinking that there's something not quite right with that picture. The "markup" /profit margin doesn't bother me, the price doesn't bother me, it's the "that'll do rightly" vibe that something as simple as that screams out to me. . .

Thank You Cafe Conor for a beautiful Sunday Brekkie, and we will definitely be back. But come on guys, freshly squeezed is the only thing worthy enough to accompany such a high quality breakfast. xx