1,127 results
All reviews car park one way system city centre health club reception staff changing rooms double room saturday night lovely room comfy bed stayed here for one night cooked breakfast brasserie sauna jayne ncp nightlife
Reviewed 10 February 2018

The rooms are lovely and quiet, with a large television and good shower. There are several floors and a couple of lifts are available. Breakfast is served in a restaurant on the 1st floor and has hot food cooked to order, including eggs benedict. The hotel has some parking which is around the side and a little difficult to find due to the one way system. The location of the hotel is fantastic, close to shops and nightlife and several restaurants.

Room Tip: higher floors may be very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
GethynWatkins-John, Guest Relations Manager at The Dragon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay, I am pleased to have read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Stayed here for business. I normally stay in the Marriot, which I like, but this was available at relatively short notice.

The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the station and quite easy to find. It does look quite dated, but check in was easy and I was in the corner room on the 4th floor.

Room is small, but big TV, chair and a desk so that I could work, but the heating was awful. The window was double glazed but didn't shut properly so there was a draft and wind howling through it.

The aircon was set to 32C, having said that, it was more like 2C and just didn't get hot. I was going out for a few hours, so I asked at reception to look at the heating and switch the remote batteries for me.

I returned later that evening and noticed that the remote was changed but the room was freezing. It was now set to 29C but just didn't work.

It was too late to do anything about it, so I pulled another duvet over me and went to sleep. Freezing in the morning.

Had breakfast which was an extra £9 but was fine and a good selection.

Checked out and mentioned the heating and window and left. I'll be back at the Marriot next time.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at The Dragon Hotel. I have now had the opportunity to investigate the point that you have mentioned. In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you felt that received on this occasion. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which The Dragon Hotel prides itself. I was sorry to learn that due to the temperature of your room you were unable to get a good night’s rest and I apologise for the discomfort caused. You should have been offered either an electrical heater or an alternative room in the first instance and I apologise that this was not the case. I would like to assure you that the appropriate action has been taken with a view of preventing any repetition of the problems which marred your stay. We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests and will endeavour to use such feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours that highlights areas where we could be doing better is particularly useful and we are grateful for your time in sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I chose the dragon hotel in swansea for the party . I spoke to the events manager a girl called jo and I have to say she was brilliant , so helpful answering
any question I had to hanging decorations up a ladder , very hands on and organised. I cant thank jo and all involved with the party enough for creating such and awesome event, one we will never forget.
Thankyou jo

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
GethynWatkins-John, Guest Relations Manager at The Dragon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent event at The Dragon Hotel, I was pleased to read that you had a great time. I truly appreciate your kind words about our Joanne. It’s definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. I will be sure to let Joanne know that she made an impact. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel/room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is about a 2 minute walk from various restaurants and bars. The whole point of our visit was to watch the rugby at the liberty stadium, this was around a 10 minute taxi ride away and cost about £6 each way. We parked in the hotel car park which was £9 a night and we didn't struggle to get parked at any point in our stay. Can't comment on the food as we didn't eat at the hotel. I would recommend a stay at the Dragon Hotel and would definitely return in the future.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GethynWatkins-John, Guest Relations Manager at The Dragon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at The Dragon Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Swansea City Centre with such great transport links and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences. We Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Working in Swansea for three days, I needed somewhere comfortable, friendly and close to everything that I had to get to. The Dragon hit the spot nicely. Very friendly staff, a nice evening meal on the one night I was too tired to go out somewhere, great cooked breakfast and a safe car park. With very reasonable rates, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at The Dragon Hotel, I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered. We look forward to welcoming you back.