Swansea Marriott Hotel
US$81
Morgans Hotel(Swansea)
US$145
US$128
Travelodge Swansea M4(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Swansea Central Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Orbitz.com
1,101 results
All reviewstwo double bedsmarina viewrestaurant stafffourth floorcar parkpublic areascity centrefree parkingwedding receptionreception areastayed here for one nightsea frontreception staffpoached eggslovely locationbreakfast was excellentsaturday night
Reviewed 25 January 2017

I booked a deluxe room, which was a 3rd floor room with a pleasant view over the bay.
This hotel has a lift. The room rate varied considerably during my stay, with Saturday night being 50% more than the cheapest night. Breakfast was excellent, room service was prompt, the food was hot

Room Tip: Ask for a an upper floor room as it removes you from any potential noise from the hotel main entrance. Room at front overlook bay.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I had to be in Swansea @ 07.30 for an operation on my shoulder at the local BUPA hospital, so decided it would be easier to stay over the night before and as it was my partner's 74th birthday on the Friday, the family decided that it would be a great surprise for her to all gather for a meal at the hotel, so we booked in for 4 nights with a (secret) table for 14 reserved for the Friday evening.

We had a deluxe room, with a view of the marina. The room was clean & comfortable, but a little tired. WiFi and a Nesspresso machine were included.

The heating system took a few days to master, with the options being warm, but with disturbed sleep, due to the noise of the industrial strength fan on the electric heater, which on the really cold nights, ran for 5 minutes and was off for 4 minutes, and repeated that cycle all through the night. Switching it off, resulted in the room cooling down to 14°, but at least we slept!

An additional electric convection heater was also in the room, but timed to only run for an hour at a time.

This is a heating system that is common for Marriott hotels, so not the fault of the hotel itself and outside of the depths of winter, it would not present any problems at all.

There was a boiler breakdown on our first night, which would have affected very few people, as it was up and running by 06.00 the next morning. However, I needed to be in the shower @ 05.30, which is how I found out about the boiler being out of service. An apology and a complimentary bottle of wine was accepted - these things happen and can't be helped. The Hospital had a shower in my room, so I showered there, which I probably would have done anyway.

I was only in for a day, so with my arm in a sling, I would have had difficulty cutting up my steak at dinner, but it was served, at my request, cut into bite sized pieces for me - thank you, it was much appreciated and tasty!

In fact, I have never come across more friendly and helpful staff in any hotel I've ever stayed in before. Nothing was too much trouble and always carried out with enthusiasm and a smile.

A bonus was to have our daughter & family in the adjoining connected room to ours, which surprised my partner when there was a knock on the connecting door - great stuff!

The surprise birthday gathering went very well, everyone enjoyed the evening and the food. The restaurant staff were, as we had come to expect, friendly and helpful.

Breakfasts were good, lunches in the bar were just right. It was overall, a good stay and we would go back.

On the last night, there was a power outage in Swansea, but that went un-noticed due to the hotel's back up generator, so an evening in the dark was averted.

As has been normal for us lately, we left something behind. We left a book in our room and half a birthday cake in the foyer. A phone call when we got home, informed us that the book is safely in lost property for us to collect next week, when we have to return to Swansea and the cake I said that they could enjoy with a cuppa - I hope they did!

Thank you for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2017

I was very disappointed at this hotel. Firstly the spa pool was out of order and there was an atmosphere of disorganisation at the reception desk and then I was spoken to rudely when I called down to room service for an order. They were keen to take money though for a load of overpriced rubbish and I learned lessons from this and will not return.

Stayed: February 2016
3  Thank Joanne S
Management response:Responded 24 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us, your feedback is most valued and has been taken on board.

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Thank you again for your time.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We visited the Marriott as part of a family celebration. Upon check in we were offered a glass of wine and a dessert- a very nice touch! The room was comfortable and very clean. The hotel had ensured that our group were all close to each other since we were using a nearby function room.
You
The breakfast was tasty even though the omelette station was very slow but would definitely stay again

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with family. Brilliant value for money (£60 per night). The room was modern and clean, the location was nice. Although the marina is quite quiet, it's mainly residential apartments and I thought it would have more bars and restaurants but the hotel bar was good. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast very good. If your thinking of buying breakfast, I wouldn't recommend getting the breakfast vouchers on check-in for £10. It will save you £5 compared to buying breakfast the next morning in the restaurant.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family