All reviewsdragonfly pubpub next doorbeans and scrambled eggbusiness parkfree wifiair conthe dragongood sizebreakfast was includedbudget hotelrooms are cleanquiet locationlounge areacomfy bedeasy accessexcellent hotelshort stay
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Seriously. Whoever designed the layout and furniture should get an award. Useable desk space at the correct height. Lots of power points. Surfaces and hanging places for your clothes and kit, instead of a stupid wardrobe you can forget stuff in. Ironing board and iron already in the room. WiFi of course. Air con. Decent shower. Comfy bed. Job done.
Staff couldn’t be more helpful and friendly. Breakfast fast and efficient, and the one dinner I ate there was decent enough for the price, but with a truly stupefying portion size. Way too generous.
Oh yes, and lots of free parking.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MissF_11, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such great feed back on all aspects of your recent. The team here at Newport truly do appreciate knowing that our Hotel suited your needs during your time with us and we hope that you would choose to stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Sarah Fletcher

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Another business trip and another hotel, set in what I would describe as a business park, it’s fine for work purposes but is certainly more inn than holiday.
Having stayed in my fair share of places for work I’m sure the guy that designed Holliday in rooms also works fine r the premier inn and every other similar chain, the room is nice clean and snug and pretty much everything you’d expect from any inn based company. There is a very small bar area, a very small lounge and dinning area but by far the smallest thing is the list of options on the menu. Orders are taken at the small bar so I imagine if there was a handful of people queuing for a drink then you’d have a wait for dinner....it does what it says on the tin and nothing extra or fancy. Suitable for a brief stop over at best.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Margin1976
Philippa J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It is great to read that you found the room nice, clean and snug; and that it provided you with everything you expect from our hotel chain.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests as this can help us improve our services that we have on offer, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

Kind regards

Philippa Jones
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Smart and modern hotel ( the "gen 4" design I was told). Room clean and comfortable with everything we needed. Spacious reception area, plenty of seating near the bar. Efficient and welcoming staff when we arrived and at breakfast. Easy to find, ample free parking, and a great price - what's not to like.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kate F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased to read that you had a terrific stay with us and found your room to be clean, comfortable and had everything you needed. To know that my colleagues were welcoming throughout your stay is truly wonderful, I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback.

I do hope that you will return to the Hotel again should you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Stayed one night in twin room, beds really comfortable and nice bedding. Only comment is that the beds were only about 6 inches apart.
Breakfast was good with a reasonable choice.

Staff very friendly and help with extra towels when asked.

So I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. I am so happy to read that your bed was comfortable, you had nice bedding and your room was lovely and clean. To know that my colleagues were very friendly and helpful throughout your stay is lovely and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

We hope you will return to us in the future should you find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We booked this hotel as we were going to a wedding.
the staff were lovely and very helpful, The pub next to the hotel is a really good place for a meal.
Breakfast could have been better organised as they kept running out of cooked breakfast

Room Tip: We had a room looking out to the car park but we didn't hear any noise
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with feedback, it is always a pleasure to read that your stay with us was comfortable and that the hotel suited your needs for your short break with us. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve upon the service we provide our guests. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments and feedback to my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should you find yourself in the area again.