All reviews newport road secure parking city centre shared bathroom bus stop right facing the main road cooked breakfast make tea short stay in cardiff tea making facilities comfy bed minute walk would definitely stay here again leave the car busy road the ground floor nice stay
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Although our room was on the main road, the windows let in no noise and we slept very well. The family (including the dog!) was very friendly and helpful and our breakfast was very good with very pleasant service. The hotel is a short walk to the centre of Cardiff and has safe parking in the backyard. Very recommendable - thanks a lot for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Usually I take my lumps when travelling but this hotel room was far smaller than pictured, the carpets were old and gritty, and the whole place smelled so strongly of cleaner that my mom and I had to change hotels as we both became allergic. The employees were lovely and sympathetic but management needs to renovate- this place was like a bad motel from the 70s.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha E
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The first thing when I got there I was asked for my ID to be photocopied, which is ok, so I follow the guy and a rude lady was in the dinning room yelled at me to wait outside. The rooms are tiny and the bathroom is shared. If you have a big suitcase the room won’t suffice. There is literally no room that room

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Khaled A
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We got a big room that was very clean, and had all the things you need. The staff and the owners were very kind and helpful. We had a nice breakfast in the dining room, which was very cozy with old books and furniture. Overall a very nice stay, and really worth the money spent!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We checked in for 1 night. When arrived at 13:40 we rung the bell and a man answered the door and was frustrated we was slightly early but explained we traveled from the midlands and some friends was stopping at a hotel just a few doors down the road he let us in. He gave us the key and asked if we wanted breakfast in the morning we said yes and at that point he replied if you dont turn up you will still be charged. There was no show around the hotel or had any inclue to where the resturant was.
When we arrived to the room we found out the toilet was on the landing and it was shared between the guests at the hotel as we never had a toilet in our room just a sink to brush our teeth.
The room is small but very clean and the maid kept it that way, she did a brilliant job. There is tea and coffee in the room with a kettle. The bed was so comfy but for a double it was small. The lady who works in the kitchen was ever so polite and helpful. This hotel was over £100 for 1 night without breakfast (breakfast is £5 each ontop) so I strongly recommend not to book if that is the price you are quoted but its in a good location, taxi is between £8-£9 to city centre and a bus stop is outside hotel £4 each to board.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family