All reviews executive room on arrival reception staff easy access modern hotel saturday night walk in shower leisure facilities ironing board sofa bed night stay stayed here for two nights buffet style breakfast was excellent city centre free parking tea and coffee
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had booked for one night for the impending rolling stones concert in cardiff.

All the staff were very good and nothing too much trouble for any of them, special mention to Mollie on the reception, she gave us some great tips for taxis after the concert, but also she was very efficient and so polite in her job, hope i got the name right?
The room was very nice, a couple of stains on the carpet and the shower/bath was a bit on the high side to get in, but i do add, this was not a problem for me.
the only reason i cant give five stars is the breakfast outlay could be better in my opinion.
The food is adequate and varied enough, but the tea & coffee needs to be sorted out, using ceramic jugs is something out of the seventies and they needed to be refilled up every 5 minutes or so and this meant trying to attract a member of staff, who were invariably doing another job.
Only one toaster is not enough, and on the morning we was there, the toaster broke down.
It felt it needed someone in charge, there was a couple of tables which was not cleaned off, for a good 20 minutes or so and there was a knife dropped on the floor, which was not picked up at all, during our breakfast.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Nice easy report on this one.
Good position just off M4 (no noise)
Nice easy check in.
Room clean and tidy.
I had the buffet dinner which on the night I stayed was curry.
Only thing I would say is put some tent cards or menu next to product so you know what it is.
Breakfast good.
Will I stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Room ok and night reception very pleasant. In the morning we had no hot water for the shower. These things happen, but their response was rubbish. Rang down to reception 3x before anyone answered. No-one appeared to fix it so gave up and at check out, asked for breakfast as recompense. We were still expected to pay £10 each for it. No apology - just got told they had sent someone up and we hadn’t answered the door (if they did, they knocked very quietly as we were listening for them!) Poor experience which could have been handled so much better.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Food not bad quality. Sleep was prob the best I've had for a while! The fitness center is a small pool, 3 pieces of exercise equipment, a bench and some db's. Barely a fitness center at all. This was the reason why work choose this hotel because we stipulated a gym was required. The showers in the gym are unusable due to the water being scalding hot with no way of turning it down. The pool is also used for swimming lessons so is out of bounds at set times.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff North – M4, Jct.32, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Rob H,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased that you had a good sleep and the food quality was good. I have noted your comments regarding the fitness centre and where action can be taken then we will endeavour to do so.

Best Wishes
Laura Wiltshire

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We have just stayed at this hotel for the week end .... there were 38 couples on a Rally week end with the majority of them had never stayed here before . I can only say that the very warm welcome and service that we all received when we first arrived by the staff was exceptional . We had arranged to have all our evening meals here and considering there was 78 of us each night ... the food was top drawer ably done by Evan their chef ( Yamas ! )
My thanks go to their event organiser Ceri.... nothing and I mean nothing was too much trouble for her... very professional .. her help was invaluable to me as the organiser ...thanks also go to Andrew but dont mention any Port !!
If you are looking to travel anywhere in the South Wales area , this hotel is very conveniently placed for the coast and the Valleys , I cannot recommend it to highly
Once again many thanks ..all my guests had a great experience staying here..

Room Tip: all good as far as i know
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Keith P,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that your Rally weekend went well and the team all looked after you from start to finish, rest assured Ceri has shared all your feedback with the team and they are all very pleased.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Best Wishes