All reviews millennium centre cardiff bay hand held shower lovely little hotel roald dahl plass proper shower bars and restaurants full welsh breakfast small hotel jacuzzi bath mermaid quay little touches cooked breakfast next morning the ground floor wet room large bathroom
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a treat for our anniversary and were not disappointed. What a lovely hotel. Chatty and charming staff and owner. Fantastic location only seconds away from the heart of the bay. Stayed in room 3 which was lovely. Described as 1 of the smaller rooms online but it didn’t feel small at all. . Excellent breakfast in the cosy basement lounge / breakfast room. A very personal feel to the place. We were even offered a take away coffee for the drive home. Excellent, we will be going back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gdh698
jolyons, Owner at Jolyon's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Amazing thanks again.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

That the bed was broke it seemed like the headboard was loose from the frame so creaked really loudly and moved!Could not sleep at all and it was very hot in the room with no access to the window other than climbing ! There was a fan but as I switched it on it let out a cloud of dust! No point but to try and stay still in bed as the creaking was awfull and wait till morning to get out of the place! Were greeted by a woman as we were leaving who asked if our stay was ok,I said no! The bed is broken etc..she then said well did you book the compact room 7 ,as if to say well it's your fault then very defensive ! I said yes I chose that room but didn't ask for a broken bed or a room with no air! She continued to say it was a shame we hadn't seen the other rooms! Lol at this point and with no sleep I was either going to argue at such crap or leave so we left to enjoy what was left of our stay! Very very unprofessional !! I would have been mortified and gone to check out the broken bed if it was my place 4 star boutique ......NO do not stay in room 7 and really I would say stay away because of the attitude should you dare complain!!

Stayed: July 2018

First of all I am sorry you felt like this after you left our hotel. I checked the room after and you are correct one part of the headboard was loose. This has now been fixed. I agree about the window it’s a very deep Georgian wall and a desk is in front of it. We have tried to get as much items for comfort in to the room and work ie a desk work space The window being a sash box window I agree is very heavy the time you stayed in cardiff was exceptionally hot . The fan I checked and I’m sorry I can’t see anything that doesn’t work with it. It’s only a few weeks old. My member of staff you spoke to is not from the UK and her English. I can’t see how your thought she was rude I find her delightful and helpful and the other guests who have stayed have mentioned how nice she is. I think she was trying to explain to you that the room you booked was a compact room as stated on website and she was trying to speak to you but you where maybe not happy to talk. I can understand if the bed made a sound when you moved . If you are in cardiff again. I would like to upgrade you to a large room. Also if you booked direct you would get parking and breakfast free
Our main aim is to have happy guests who return. We have this so please contact me if I can do anything for you

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

After staying at this wonderful little hotel I had to say a few words . The minute we stepped into the hotel we where happy. The gentleman who checked us into the hotel was so smiley and helpful. The rooms where great one massive room with a four poster and an amazing roof terrace balcony room great for this hot weather we had. Very cute. Breakfast served in the basement very clean and superb breakfast very relaxed and if you wanted anything cooked they would do it. I don’t like the yellows in the egg so they cooked whites up for me.

We will be back as a group next time we will book direct. Thank you again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank annetfrost
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We loved our short one night stay here at Easter. The location is superb and the view from our room leaves you in no doubt you’re in the centre of the action. The room was lovely and comfy, and the hospitality was as good as it comes, with a great breakfast in the morning. Our one small observation (not complaint!) and the reason for marking it as Very Good and not Excellent is the shower in our bathroom could have been better planned, the pipe from the bath mixer tap was too short and badly positioned so showering was a bit awkward.

We don’t visit Cardiff often, but this place will unquestionably be our first choice of place to stay next time .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoftyfromKent

Thank you and yes the shower head we are trying to change in a different way

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Situated within the mermaid quay it gives easy access to the bay and the city centre. The rooms are lovely, with comfy beds and large, clean bathrooms. Owners/staff create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and also cook one of the best full English breakfasts within the UK. Will definitely be going back and recommend to anyone visiting cardiff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JUSTINA R

Thank you so much. Ilook forward to you staying again