All reviewstrain stationroom was cleannight lifea lot of noisenoisy at nightmotorpoint arenaminute walkperfect locationwould stay againshopping centrestayed here for one nightgood nights sleepwetherspoonsnightlifeconcertcastle
Reviewed 3 December 2016

The thumping bass will shake your bed till 3am. Apparently always this way Thursday Friday Saturday. So if you are staying here to sleep before 3am, forget it. Otherwise the usual travelodge experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge Cardiff Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry to learn of the experience you have had whilst staying with us. We would kindly ask you contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form to look into this more thoroughly. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Great rooms for a short stay with a comfy bed and a hot shower. We were facing other rooms instead of the street so it was quiet. Paid for wifi, the connection kept dropping every now and again, and you need to connect to wifi every time you come to the hotel, slightly annoying but only a minor thing. Recommended parking facility is close by and CCTV operated. Noticed an error on the website, the parking fees are actually £20 for 4-24 hrs. We validated the parking ticket at reception for 20% discount but paid the full amount at the machine so I'm not sure how that works? Overall we would definitely return or recommend.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel was situated very close to Cardiff Central and right next to all of the nightlife. We were given a room on the second floor, on the inner side, away from the road. The view wasn't much but it was quieter. The room was immaculately clean. The bathroom was your standard Travelodge bathroom (tiny bath, more of a trickle than a shower) but it was also well kept. We managed to nab the last hairdryer from reception (these are not in the rooms). The staff were wonderful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I have just returned after staying here for 1 night last night. As i was only using the room for sleeping after a night on the town i really didn't expect much. The room was cold and didn't seem to have any heating on for this time period of the year. The room was average, basic and bare. The bed was quite comfortable. I ending up loosing my key, however the guy on reception was great and willing to help.
When booking this room i paid extra for late checkout as i knew i would feel quite delicate this morning and perhaps hungover. This meant i had until 2pm to check out of my room. However at 10:30am this morning, my door was being beating down and a women employee allowed herself into my room to "ask" me what time i was checking out, after telling her i was planning around 1:30pm, she then told me "no, you are checking out now because you have to be out at 11am". I then told her i had paid extra for late check out, which she then soon ran out of the room apologising. This has really annoyed me, why pay more to sleep longer, to get woken up, not with just the door banging, but her inside my room?! Why was this not logged on my booking to show i was checking out later on? Honestly every experience i have with travelodge only gets worse and worse. Thanks for making my hangover seem a little bit longer today love.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Cardiff Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you for submitting your review of our Cardiff Central Travelodge. We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay. May we kindly request you contact us via our website with your review so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel. Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

My wife any stayed there on Monday 28th November. Walking to the room we noticed that every piece of the carpets seemed to be stained and the woodwork is battered. Not a good sign. We dropped our stuff in the room anf headed off without checking things. BIG MISTAKE. When we got back to the room we noticed a strange smell that could only be described as 'sour'. There was also a non discript stain on the mattress that showed through the sheets too! It looked like dried blood. It was too late to do anything by this time though. When I went to complain in the morning there was nobody to be seen. I have tried to complain through the website but this is fruitless and pointless exercise. Travelodge simply do not want to know.

In a nutshell, this is a filthy hotel that need gutting, refurbishing and a damn good clean. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 218
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple