All reviewstoby carverymotorway servicesbusiness parkbudget hotelmotorway service areawh smithtoby innmin drivepark and ridecity centrefree parkingthe ground floorcomfortable bedgood sizegood nights sleepone night staythe hotel is clean
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with work the other night. To be fair it's a budget hotel but I must admit I'm impressed.
Online check in was a doddle, validating my parking for the car was a breeze.
The receptionist was professional and courteous shame the kitchens were closed when I arrived but plenty of places to eat late at night on the business park this Hotel sits on.
Not having an ironing board in the room I thought was strange but 5 mins after I called reception one was brought to my door.. so again well done guys. Because I'd opted for online checkout I was out and off early.. no que at reception. Will I stay again? Most definitely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Aline M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis Cardiff Gate. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2017

For what we paid I actually was not expecting anything as good! My room was spacious, clean, and comfy. Wifi was available, the TV was small but adequate. Most importantly, I did not hear any noise from other guests! You could hear them when you walked down the hallway, but not once in the room. The bathroom (shower only) was spacious, and the foam wash was actually rather nice (you need to tell Travelodge which brand to stock please - their's is atrocious!). We paid in advance for breakfast and again were pleasantly supplied as the food was plentiful and varied and we were well satisfied. I honestly was not expecting to have such a nice stay and will certainly consider this Hotel again when I need to return Cardiff in future - excellent value for money!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights, while travelling on a motorbike around the area. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious - we had plenty of space to put all our motorbike gear. Very convenient location, it was quiet and there is a Carvery nearby. Good carpark and friendly staff. We were very happy with our choice and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Aline M, Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Comfortable, clean and modern style bedrooms. Friendly staff. Snack food available, I had the pizza which was nice enough. Adequate temperature in room and generally a pleasant stay.

I would stay again for a short stay if need be.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.