Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$90
Agoda.comUS$91
Hotels.comUS$90
CheapTicketsUS$90
TravelocityUS$90
getaroom.comUS$102
1,476 results
All reviews motorpoint arena budget hotel city centre room was clean would stay again stayed for one night cooked breakfast hairdryer rugby
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

The staff were friendly
Great location
No on-site Parking but car park over the road or multi story 5 mins away £5 all night after 6pm and have to leave before 10am.
Bed was uncomfortable
Bathroom stank like a men’s urinal
Rooms were standard ibis rooms
Room was boiling hot

Cheap hotel would have given it 5* if the room wasn’t so hot the bed was more comfortable if we had more than 1 pillow and the bathroom didn’t stink like a men’s urinal.

Room tip: No on site parking Close to local amenities Cheap stay
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 02920649250 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Marc Lock

Reviewed 21 May 2021

The hotel has a convenient location in Cardiff City Centre. It is under a 2 minute walk from the Cardiff Queen Street Railway Station which has a frequent service to Cardiff Bay, and also Cardiff Central if you arrive in Cardiff by rail.

The hotel was not too attractive externally. The building could really do with a repaint as it was looking very grubby, and graffiti has not been removed. There is a garden area which also could benefit from a clean up - so first impressions could have been better.

However, once I was inside the hotel everything was satisfactory. The reception service was pleasant, and the room was absolutely fine for my needs. The room and bathroom was clean with fresh sheets and plenty of towels. The room was quiet overnight and I slept well.

The hotel does not have parking - there is an NCP car park nearby, but the "Capitol Car Park" opposite Cardiff Queen Street Rail station was better value.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank rtl2
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis Cardiff. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Marc Lock

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Great location! Friendly staffs, easy to get into the center, great location. Free coffee!

But I didn’t like:
· Dirty bathroom Dirty towels Dirty carpet and old cushions
Strong Smell of weed coming from room next door.
I was so disappointed to see that the bathroom was still dirty and not cleaned properly, hygiene is so important no matter if the hotel isn’t first class!
Make sure you bedsheets and towels are washed without hazardous stains. I called to report a strong smell of weed coming from upstairs but nobody came to check...

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Cardiff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding our Housekeeping department, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Marc Lock

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Reviewed 23 November 2020

The hotel is located right in the city centre, great for Christmas shopping. The staff were friendly and helpful, check in was quick.
The room is the most basic IBIS I've ever stayed, and I've stayed in lots across Europe. The floor didn't appear to have been cleaned, but the rest of the room was clean. There was no remote to be able to turn on the TV, but one was delivered from reception quickly. There was a kettle, but no cups, tea or coffee. The bar area was understandably restricted due to Covid, but only spirits could be purchased for your hotel room (no draught beers or any wine).
Cheap to stay, comfy bed (only one pillow each), and decent shower, but certainly not plush.
We did request a ground floor room which was granted, so grateful. I would stay here again, but wouldn't want to pay any more than the £39.90 we paid for one night.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank Foster44
Marc Lock, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2020

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable, and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Cardiff

Kind Regards