1,292 results
All reviews retail park culverhouse cross city centre leisure facilities bit dated steam room club room ironing board one night stay buffet style night's sleep free parking afternoon tea yogurt tesco gym motorway
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

The room may have been smaller than most hotels I've stayed in BUT in no way was it a negative. It may be a taxi ride from the town centre but when adding a taxi fare and a journey time of no more than fifteen minutes to the cheap prices of the hotel I still saved by not staying centrally. The staff were helpful in all areas of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrewh9662018
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I'm sorry that you found your room to be small, I'm surprised by this as our standard rooms are larger than average at 22m sq.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Stayed for a single night and didn’t get a lot of sleep
I appreciate that the current weather is atypical in Wales but for a large hotel like this not to have any form of air movement in a room apart from 2 tiny windows is a bit ridiculous.
In the room I had the windows offered no confirmation whatsoever instead I was treated to an incredibly loud road. So the dilemma - open the windows and get no sleep from the road noise, Close the windows and get no sleep due to the temperature, looks like no sleep then. To top that off the bed was rock hard so I had no sleep.
There are times when you feel like you are getting ripped off. I paid £133 bed and breakfast, if I had stayed the Sunday night instead it would have been £53. Now I don’t mind paying a bit of a premium for a Saturday stay but this was ridiculous. Oh and the breakfast was cold.
Sorry but this hotel left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: In the basement apparently
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I'm sorry to read that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I'm pleased to inform you that I'm currently working on an Air Conditioning project to improve the environment for guests.

Whilst the current weather conditions are extraordinary we do want to keep our guests as comfortable as possible which is why I ordered 70 new desk fans at the beginning of the summer.

I'm surprised to see that you felt your bed was too hard. This feedback is unusual as we have a rolling replacement programme of mattress toppers and usually have great feedback about the comfort of our beds. As a result of your feedback I've had my head housekeeper investigate the room in which you stayed and, if required, change the mattress topper.

Unfortunately, when demand in the city increases as it did during your stay, so too do the rates. We check that our rates are competitive with our neighbouring hotels to ensure that we offer value relative to the market.

I'm very sorry that you didn't feel satisfied with our stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I have used the meeting rooms here for training several times. The service provided has never been less than excellent. Refreshments are available through the day in the large lobby. In particular, the staff who run the facility are very helpful. David has been brilliant at accommodating sudden changes or providing additional places and making sure through the day that all needs are met.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and feedback. My team and I are delighted that you've had such a positive experience whilst using The Copthorne for meetings.

Thank you also for mentioning David - he's a good ambassador and always aims to please our guests. I'll ensure your kind words are passed on along with a firm pat on the back!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

The sandwiches were lovely but as for the rest of the cakes on offer the quality was not great. The scones were more like rock cakes, we could barely cut them. The welsh cakes were stale and the slice of fruit loaf was very dry. The mini lemon pastries were nice though and the fruit was fresh. The tea was not strong enough so a splash of milk caused you to have milky water in your tea cup. It was actually presented very well on china plates and cups so quality of food was dissapointing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I'm very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the quality of the sweet selection. I will ensure that my new Head Chef addresses this as a matter of urgency.

I do hope you will consider using us again in the future as our new Head Chef is currently in the process of re-writing all new menus and recipes.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Ben U, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018