“Small but perfectly fine if you are 5'4" or under!”
Review of The Town House

The Town House
Ranked #17 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I booked the single en suite in the eaves, and the website does warn that it has low ceilings. It certainly wouldn't do for anyone taller, but for me it was fine - I only banged my head once in the bathroom, though I had to be careful. The bed was comfy and a (noisy) electric fan was provided as it does get very hot up there. I managed to sleep with it off and the windows open even though there is what appears to be a pub garden diagonally behind the Town House and I feared it might get very loud, but in fact I dropped off without a problem. There's no room for a wardrobe so coat-hangers are provided on wall hooks, and for short stays that was perfect. There was a good TV and free wifi.
I liked the arrangement in the breakfast room which meant you met other people, and I enjoyed the breakfasts. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and my only minor gripe is that fruit tea wasn't provided in the bedrooms (though it was at breakfast) and my initial biscuits weren't replaced. I have stayed at the Town House twice now, once for 2 nights and once for 4, and find it good value for money. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: You need to be short if you take the eaves room.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 July 2016

A beautiful house with its original character intact, despite updates to make in comfortable. Maintained with care and made cheerful by an attractive display of plants.

Have stayed in two different single rooms, both bright clean comfortable and well-appointed. Breakfasts fantastic, and a warm, friendly atmosphere with the majority of guests sitiing at one large dining table.

Staff do their utmost to help and make your stay a good one, and a very good value choice. A small blip with cycle storage, but assured this will be resolved for any future stay - which I hope will be soon!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed in the town house for one night with my family and was very impressed. The hotel itself is charming retaining much of its character and the reception rooms are lovely and homely. The bedrooms require a little updating but they're clean and provide all the facilities needed to make the stay comfortable. The water was lovely and hot in the shower too, which for me was an added bonus! Breakfast was delicious and there was a lot of variety to suit all. I liked the fact that guests could sit together at a large table as it was a nice way to meet other people and socialise. I'd also recommend the cricketers arms pub only 2 houses down on the same street as there was a lovely atmosphere in there and drinks are very cheap. I will certainly use this hotel again on any future trips to Cardiff!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my two friends had a lovely visit for an overnight stay, very accommodating to my friends dietary needs, clean and provided everything needed. Very close to city centre and parking and Wi-Fi such a bonus. Would definitely book again, thank you x

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Had one night here, Had previously been aroun 4 years ago and the first time was much better. The room was okay but a little tired. The towels provided were not particularly big and seemed ready for replacing. We were pleasantly greeted on arrival however. Wifi worked well. This is not a place for anyone with mobility problems as the stairs were not easy to negotiate.
There were 2 breakfast tables, which encouraged conversation between guests, but the food itself was not of the standard previously experienced. The full breakfast was very greasy, and the quality of the ingredients was not great, bland tasting. Having a car park was useful and the location is convenient for the city.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple