I booked the single en suite in the eaves, and the website does warn that it has low ceilings. It certainly wouldn't do for anyone taller, but for me it was fine - I only banged my head once in the bathroom, though I had to be careful. The bed was comfy and a (noisy) electric fan was provided as it does get very hot up there. I managed to sleep with it off and the windows open even though there is what appears to be a pub garden diagonally behind the Town House and I feared it might get very loud, but in fact I dropped off without a problem. There's no room for a wardrobe so coat-hangers are provided on wall hooks, and for short stays that was perfect. There was a good TV and free wifi.
I liked the arrangement in the breakfast room which meant you met other people, and I enjoyed the breakfasts. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and my only minor gripe is that fruit tea wasn't provided in the bedrooms (though it was at breakfast) and my initial biscuits weren't replaced. I have stayed at the Town House twice now, once for 2 nights and once for 4, and find it good value for money. I would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the delights of this elegant classical Town House situated only 15 minute walk from the City Centre. Car Parking is available. All major credit cards accepted and required in order to make a reservation. Please note that we do have a 48 hour cancellation policy. We are a strictly non-smoking establishment (anywhere on the property) and request that all guests respect the house policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town House Hotel Cardiff
- The Town House Cardiff, Wales