All reviews four poster welsh cakes bute park city centre fresh fruit bay window full welsh breakfast small hotel sophia gardens sitting room lovely park original features off street parking lovely hotel breakfast was delicious no lift minute walk
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Lincoln in Cardiff the night before the half marathon .
My original booking was for just me but decided to take my mum and one call and they were more than happy to amend the booking!
Upon arriving we were greeted by the staff who couldn't do more for us .
The hotel itself a traditional house gorgeous on the outside and in was clean fresh and maintained its design throughout .
The breakfast on the morning was just enough fresh and tasty and offering a nice Welsh breakfast which was hot and enjoyable !
In all a lovely little gem in Cardiff, we will use when in the city again .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I have been told that the Victoria House has recently changed hands. The news owners, Carl and his daughters, are doing an excellent job! The rooms are big and spacious, the beds very comfortable and the breakfasts are excellent! Staff were very friiendly and helpful. Note- there are no elevators. It is the place to stay if you are looking for a B & B in Cardiff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back because the room on the front face onto Cathedral Rd which can be noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LincolnHouseCardiff, Owner at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

A ringing endorsement and great feedback which is very much appreciated! Thank you kind Sir!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

My fingers and toes were crossed. The hotel had changed hands a couple of months ago and this has to be my favourite hotel in the UK so I was worried. I had met the new owners, but didn't know what they would do to the place.

Yes,some changes had been made, but overall the atmosphere was as welcoming with Carl and Julianne as it had been with the lovely Howard family and it still felt very good.

So I am grateful that I do not have to look for anyway to replace it and shall be there again next month.

And the breakfasts are as good as ever.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
LincolnHouseCardiff, Owner at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Very supportive and encouraging review and very much appreciated given that the establishment changed hands less than 3 months ago. We continue to look forward to your regular visits and can assure you that the same standards of cleanliness and comfort shall be maintained regardless As for the breakfasts we pride ourselves that they are amongst the best Cardiff has to offer!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

What a find!! Lovely, clean and friendly hotel. Great Welsh breakfast and given some homemade Welshcakes to bring home. 5/10 mins walk to the Castle and shops. Big hello to Kieran on front desk, hope you enjoy Bristol with your little boy, you are a credit to this Hotel! Thanks everyone, see you again. X

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LincolnHouseCardiff, Owner at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your very positive review and commendations. We have forwarded your review onto Keiran one of our most valued employees!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on our first visit to Cardiff. We were in room 302 which was nicely furnished and clean. (Note no lifts due to building being heritage listed)
Hotel backs onto beautiful gardens great for walks or exercise; also a handful of eateries close by. Easy 15 min walk to Cardiff city centre, castle etc.
Breakfast was included in our rate and was very nice - good choice of fruit, cereal etc plus cooked options ranging from scrambled eggs to a full Welsh breakfast.
Would definitely recommend if you are looking for somewhere nice to stay with some character.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LincolnHouseCardiff, Owner at Lincoln House Private Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Tremendous review - much appreciated!