Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$91
US$77
US$133
US$113
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$121
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$228
US$176
Principal Hotels
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$108
  • Pool
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
US$124
US$85
US$85
US$76
Priceline
1,676 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

3 friends stayed here to see an event at the motor point arena directly opposite. Hotel room was very basic but spotlessly clean. Beds were very uncomfortable and the room was freezing. Can’t really say much else as we were just a room no breakfast.
Staff were very friendly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Can it even be called such a basic hotel. So many things to be done with this hotel. For one night in a budget hotel we survived but the bath was dirty, paint was coming off the wall in the bathroom, the bathroom was clean, as you can see from the pictures that was the room on arrival with some things needing fixing. The radiator also didn’t work and the mattress and pillow were very hard. Wouldn’t stay here again, not a nice hotel at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dom_C99
The Big Sleep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff), responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Dom

Thank you for your review and for bringing these issues to my attention. I am obviously very disappointed and truly very sorry that you had such a negative experience at the Big Sleep Cardiff; may I ask though did you report these issues to the reception team? Some of the issues could have been resolved quickly, the last thing we would ever want is for one of our guest to stay in a room that hasn't been cleaned properly and doesnt have any heating.

I would really love the opportunity to make this up to you so if you do need to stay in Cardiff again please feel free to contact the hotel directly so that I can make sure you get the best available rate and an upgrade to one of our refurbished deluxe rooms.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Don't bother with this hotel. It may say car park, but its literally 10 spaces, first come first serve basis and charges their own guests £8 a day on top of room rate. If like me you haven't driven this city before it can be nerve racking & confusing. So being told on arrival you have to go to another car park & pay £16 for 24hrs is not good. Breakfast good variety, but hash browns like cardboard you cannot cut and hard as rock croissants leaves less choice.

Stayed: November 2017
The Big Sleep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff), responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I was very disappointed to read about your experience with us.

Like you wrote in your review we do have a car park but it is only small, just 18 spaces, and it subject to availability which is stated on our website. Due to the limited space we are not able to take bookings for our car parking but we do try and priorities any guests with special requirements. Next door to the hotel there is multi storey NCP car park which charges £9 for 24 hours and next to that is an open air NCP which charges £16 for 24 hours. Like in most city centres, car parking in Cardiff is charged at a premium; many hotels of a similar ranking to us do not have car park at all. I appreciate that is of little consequence to you and completely understand that driving round a new city which you are not familiar can be very stressful; it also sounds like my team did not handle the situation very well on your arrival and for this I am sorry.

I am also sorry to read about your negative breakfast experience and again for this please accept my apologies. It is important that we learn from our mistakes and I have given your feedback to the kitchen team.

I do hope that you choose to book with us again and when you do please feel free to contact the hotel directly so that we have offer you the best available rate.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here when visiting our son wasn't expecting to much for all we paid for the two nights but was pleasantly surprised when we checked into our room. Yes it was basic but was spotlessey clean with a large comfortable bed. The hotel is going through an extensive renovations at the minute but we where not effected by this to munch at all. The hotel is also right beside the railway line but again this didn't affect to much as they had stopped by the time we where going to sleep. Overall this is a good budget hotel in a great location right in the city centre and will not hesitate to stay here again. A special mention to Jo in reception who was always very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
The Big Sleep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff), responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Gareth

Thank you so much for you kind review.

I just thought that i would let you know that the refurbishment to the ground floor is due to be finished by the end of January and will make a vast improvement to the hotel. Thank you for mentioning Jo, I will make sure she is rewarded for great work.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We've stayed at Big Sleep on several occasions and always been very satisfied and it was the same this time. We were able to use the car park, we had a friendly welcome at Reception, the room was warm, clean and comfortable, there was a good shower and a good breakfast. Usually we consider Big Sleep to be good value - not this time. It was a rugby weekend and prices were inflated. £180 for a night was not good value (In fairness, I suspect all hotels put up prices on rugby weekends. How hotel owners must love being able to sell their rooms at double the normal price without giving anything extra).
Will we stay at Big Sleep again ? Very probably
Will we pay inflated prices ? NO. Next time I'm planning to visit Cardiff, I'll check if there's a rugby match on and if so, will avoid that weekend.
So, avoid Rugby weekends (unless you are there for the rugby)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple