“Excellent value for money. I be back !”

Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I was happy with my room. It was a nice spacious room. Very clean bathroom and overall very clean. Nice big TV is I could watch TV from the bed. Very quiet I was worried about late night - early am revellers making noise but no noisy neighbours . Breakfast was lovely with friendly service. The lady offered to get me water as I was coughing alot. The food itself was certainly something to write home about. Fluffy scrambled eggs and really delicious fat sausages which I am still thinking and raving about to friends etc.

Room Tip: Ask for room with front view of motorpoint.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

In the centre of Cardiff - right by the shopping centre, which is good. But it is probably the only good thing going for this hotel. The 'deluxe' room lwas not deluxe, more like your average room you'd expect normally. They didn't provide room service, the breakfast options were fairly limited and it just wasn't to standard. I didn't expect too much from the hotel, but I did expect more than what I received. The staff were friendly enough, and when we had a complaint about our room the duty manager resolved it almost straight away. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was okay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

From the outside, the hotel is unassuming. On the inside, the reception is very basic, but the rooms are great. Queen sized bed with all furnishings matching. Discreet tea and coffee in room. Large bathroom. Breakfast good although one might except some variation on alternate days, however abundant, fresh and tasty. Looking forward to new entrance being opened as side door was not opened quickly when outside bell was pressed.

Hotel is very central with shopping arcade across the road. Helpful staff.

Will go again.

Room Tip: very central but affordable
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I always stay at the Ibis hotel each time I travel to Cardiff which is only a twenty second walk around the corner from The Big Sleep Hotel but I decided I wanted a change. The hotel is a brilliant price, I stayed here for two nights & booked a twin room for my Mum & I. The bedroom & bathroom were both spacious, warm, the beds were very comfortable, great size tv fitted in the wall & had a great view from our room 701. The two men on reception were both very welcoming & friendly, thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
The Big Sleep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff), responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you so much for your kind response and I am so glad you decided to stay with us and not the Ibis. I was wondering what we could have done differently to change your review from a 4 star to a 5 star and would really appreciate it if you could drop me an email with your feedback. My email address is gm.cardiff@thebigsleephotel.com , also please feel free to let me know when you are planning on staying in Cardiff again and i will make sure you get the same room.

Kind regards

Tom

Tom Williams
The Big Sleep Cardiff

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Very central for st davids shopping centre and bar and cafe quarter on site parking small charge this hotel is basic like a travellodge type but cheap and central staff friendly breakfast wasnt bad either

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Cardiff hotels
0.2 km away
0.5 km away
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
#19 of 74 in Cardiff

Been to Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff)

Address: Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FE, Wales
Region: United Kingdom > Wales > Southern Wales > Cardiff
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Price Range: €40 - €304 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff) 2*
Ideally located in Cardiff City Centre opposite the Motorpoint Arena (formerly Cardiff International Arena) and the new St David’s shopping arcade. The Citrus Hotel, Cardiff is within walking distance of the Cafe Quarter, local tourist attractions and businesses. Recently refurbished, the hotel offers 83 bedrooms and is ideal for business travellers, leisure breaks and families with a choice of room types to suit your needs. This fabulous Cardiff City Centre Hotel is perfect for those looking for Budget accommodation with a difference – great value with a designer feel. All bedrooms have WIFI, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, Super King Beds, Smart TV, views of the city & complimentary Early Check-in at 2.00 PM when you book direct. Our hotel has a 24-hour reception and a Lobby Bar that provides light snacks and refreshments. Car parking is available on a first come first parked basis and is chargeable. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Citrus Hotel Cardiff by Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Big Sleep Hotel
Big Sleep Cardiff
Big Hotel Sleep
Big Cardiff Hotel Sleep
Citrus Hotel Cardiff By Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff) Wales