Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$129
Expedia.comUS$126
FindHotelUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
getaroom.comUS$129
All reviews room service executive room third floor business trip reception staff town centre buffet breakfast lovely staff evening meal zara venue chester saturday
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

I booked a room last minute and arrived late. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. However I didn’t find the room to be that clean and under current circumstances I would expect a higher level of cleanliness. There were hairs on the toilet and under the sink unit looked grubby and a lot of build up of dust on the skirting under the sink unit. The carpet and walls in the stairwell also just look a bit tired and grubby.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Stuart Mackie, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by WyndhamWrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Pleasing to read a number of your positive feedback comments in particular our staff, bedrooms and in particular our beds which made for a great night’s sleep. I am very disappointed in your feedback regarding some areas of the bedroom, as you can see from other review’s we have taken a lot of pride and hard work to ensure the cleanliness of the Hotel in all area is of the highest possible standard. I will of be discussing your review with my head Housekeeper. Once gain think you for your review.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

My room was big, spotlessly clean and huge towels. I was travelling alone for work but felt safe and comfortable. Ate in fusilier bar and had steak burger - delicious. Covid responsible, one way systems snd infirmation about parking everywhere. Receptionist prompted me to register vehicle. Didnt use gym as fell asleep in huge bed. Breakfast was good but both sausages pink/raw, the waitress was not around so i left them. As i left i pointed out the undercooked sausages and she ignored my complaint with a smile and handed me my bill for a tenner. If the rest of the stay hadnt been first class i would have asked for a discount!. Would highly recommend for solo female travellers. Thank you all, you obviously all work hard.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank leahphillips2018
Stuart Mackie, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by WyndhamWrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Very pleasing overall to read your review especially as it covers a number of the Hotel services on offer. Especially pleasing to read your comments regarding the bedroom and our COVID-19 standards. Please be assured I will discuss your feedback with my Head Chef regarding the sausages. I trust we will get the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2020

Comfortable hotel very well located for business trip.
Friendly staff.
Very good breakfast
Very good attention to COVID Security measures
Bar prices expensive for the area with very limited alternative options within walking distance

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stuart Mackie, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by WyndhamWrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. Very pleasing to read such a review as it covers many aspects of your stay in particular the Hotel in general, our staff, food offering and most importantly in this day and age our standards we have introduced due to COVID-19. I trust we will welcome you back again, sometime in the future when life returns to 'normal'. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 16 November 2020

Me and my partner took advantage of the deal run by the Ramada, it was for a 3 course dinner, an overnight stay in the executive suite and a breakfast. I’ll start with the positives that the food was lovely and the hotel was clean. However, the deal stated it included an executive room, and there was nothing extra provided to make it an executive room as opposed to a standard one. When we spoke to the receptionist on duty about this, she said ‘well the deal you had is good enough so you can’t really be bothered’. I thought that was extremely rude. Don’t advertise the deal as an executive room when it is no different to a standard one and then make us feel guilty for asking for what we were expecting. The food was nice, but the service was slow, at dinner there was only 4 other tables of people and 4 waiting staff, yet starters took 40 minutes to come out. We were only asked once if we needed anymore drinks or anything whilst we were there for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Same with breakfast the next morning, only 2 other tables and 3 staff members and we weren’t asked once if we needed anymore drinks after initially sitting down. Staff morale seemed low and customers could tell. We did have a good night sleep though and it was peaceful.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stuart Mackie, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by WyndhamWrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham. Very pleasing to read a number of your positive comments especially regarding the food and the cleanliness in these difficult times. But I apologise from the response from the receptionist regarding the Executive Rooms. Simply no need for such a comment. With regards to slow service all our meals be breakfast, lunch and dinner are freshly cooked to order but I shall discuss your feedback with my Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager as there is no need for this length of time. We will of course take all your feedback on board and address the issues you have highlighted in your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future when life hopefully is some way back to normal.

Reviewed 16 October 2020

Went for lunch today,wife's birthday as we are restricted to staying in the county.
It was lovely.The place was so quiet I can't believe more people don't know about this little gem.
They have special offers Mon-Wed 3 course for £10 !!! it's a no brainer and in the Fuselier Bar any sandwich of your choice with unlimited tea or coffee top ups just £6.95 all this plus free wi-fi and free parking.
Must be honest we went there last week as well,the fish n chips are lush .
Everyone is so friendly but we must give a special mention to LAUREN who was up and down on her own ensuring we were all happy and catered for and cleaning all the tables down after use.
Highly recommended if in Wrexham give it a try, you wont be dissapointed.

Room tip: Enjoy a midday lunch and look out for special offers
Date of stay: October 2020
Stuart Mackie, General Manager at Ramada Plaza by WyndhamWrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to the Hotel and our Zara Restaurant. Very pleasing to read such a review as it covers so many aspects of your visit and our different food offerings. All the staff will be made aware of your review and in particular Lauren who I have spoken to and praised for her service already. Hope to see you sometime in the future when all this is over. Stay safe and thank you again.