“Dreadful”
Review of Pont-y-Pair Inn

Pont-y-Pair Inn
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: Pub
Description: A warm welcome greets you from Sue, Colin and all the staff at The Pont Y Pair Inn, We wish you and pleasant and comfortable stay and a memorable visit to Betws Y Coed. our inn is situated at the gateway to Snowdownia National Park, we are lucky to be in such a breathtaking surroundings and vast countryside with stunning walkways, cycle paths and river pathways. The inn offers 2 family rooms, 6 en-suite doubles, and 2 twin rooms with shared bathroom facilities. We offer exceptional food at all times and all our produce come from locally sourced suppliers, if when ordering please expect a little wait as all our food is freshly prepared to order by our highly trained chefs. The team wish you a pleasant stay and an enjoyable time in Betws Y Coed and look forward to you visiting us again.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Really disappointed with the quality of the food. Overpriced. If you want a good hearty meal, this is not the place for you.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (481)

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Where do I start? The moment Me and my family walked through the door the waitress was extremely friendly and had very good manners, she kindly asked us to write our name and number down so I did. She politely asked us if we would like to sit down inside or out she offered us a food menu and took us to the beer garden to our table she took our drinks order we didn’t have to wait at all very much appreciated. After she took our drinks order she came out 4-5 minutes later after seating another table. She brought our drinks out and asked us if we could take our drinks off the tray because of COVID-19 and took our food order 15-20 minutes later she brought out our food my husband ordered a “ponty burger” it had two beef burgers, bacon, salad and cheese it tasted AMAZING!! My son ordered a pepperoni pizza perfectly cooked wasn’t overly cooked and tasted amazing, My daughter had the kids chicken nuggets and chips with the choice of beans or peas the chicken nuggets were real chicken and was very tasty according to my daughter lol , she wouldn’t stop talking about it, Massive credits to the chef. I am unsure why the past reviews are so negative we had the best time there between the excellent service and the Amazing food that we ordered. Definitely WILL go back there soon hopefully stick with the nice lovely weather

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Upon entry myself and my family were greeted and seated after all regulations were dealt with. In no time whatsoever my food was out and ready and let me tell you now the food was absolutely delicious you have to give credit where credit is due and The waitress brought in my food with a smile on her face and was so pleasant. also might I just note how amazing the atmosphere in the pont y pair in is it is such a picturesque Restaurant/Hotel. Overall the pont y pair inn in my opinion is a 11/10 u would most definitely recommend you come here to eat the food is top quality and you hardly have to wait therefore it’s quick and quality food and everyone there is so pleasant I would Recommend going their because I will definitely go again. Absolutely Amzing!!

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

Sorry. Totally agree with negative reviews. No pre-booking needed. Not busy. However, a very long and very muddled wait to eventually be served dreadful food and flat shandies/cider drinks. Would recommend standing in line for Y Stablau first. P.S. The little chip shop across the road was indeed doing a roaring trade.

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

A truely awful experience. We only called in for a drink but we were greeted by grubby tables, a mountain high of empty glasses stacked on the bar, bar staff who really didn’t care whether we were there or not, a landlord who was too busy to serve us and to top it off...hardly any beer.

Admittedly it had been a busy weekend but no beer? Poor planning in my view...and then we were charged for a pint of coke...which was actually a can into a pint glass with 3/4 of a glass full of ice.

Avoid!