Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews the river hot tub a river view room beautiful location no lift beef wellington breakfast and evening meal lovely hotel superior room black pudding full welsh breakfast couldn't do enough night break stayed longer four poster tea and coffee warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I shall start by saying my expectations were exceeded in every way possible but I'm not sure my words can do it justice. We visited this hotel for a one night stay on the 11th July and upon arrival were greeted by mark, a fantastic warmly welcome and a great sense of humour. Mark carried our bags to our room which was clean and modern yet retained a cosy feel. A quick change and down to the bar for pre dinner drinks and some of the best views I have seen at a hotel, truly amazing, a few rhubarb gins later and like a well oiled machine we were shown to our table which we were lucky enough to have in a the second dining room and all to ourselves looking out at the river. We chose our dishes with some guidance from mark and I must say the food was a massive hit with us both. The chef has created a menu that I believe is truly Michelin star worthy! For me this was the biggest highlight been a huge foodie. Mark throughout the evening was very attentive and became our host checking in and making sure all was well, really enjoyed chatting to him, this guy knows customer service. The waitresses did a fantastic job looking after us as well,so thank you girls.

I would recommend this hotel to any one and will return in the future

Richard & Holle Allen

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollie C
Reviewed 13 July 2019

Amazing fine dining experience in an equisite setting with top notch service. Value for money at double the price. Cocktails on the terrace followed by a beautifully cooked 3 course mean, well priced quality wine list too.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcus C
Reviewed 9 July 2019

Spent 3 days in this hotel in July 2019...a really nice, peaceful spot. Beautiful grounds and very nice outside areas to drink or eat at. The room (Rm. 18 Superking) was large and comfortable with great views. (note: a few flights of stairs and no lift... but willing help!). A great choice of breakfast food...the 'full Welsh breakfast' was huge!
The restaurant was really good...see a separate review.
Would have no hesitation in returning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 6 July 2019

Arrived home yesterday from our stay here. We came originally for a two night stay that extended to four due to my partner being ill. The restaurant is so nice with amazingly friendly staff and superb chefs. The food was exceptional. Beautiful relaxing grounds at the side of the river. We will definitely return in the future.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 2 July 2019

This hotel has pretty much everything, beautiful setting with lovely river views, great food, incredibly friendly staff. It really is a home from home, I loved it.
If you are visiting Snowdonia it is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2019