“AMAZING FOOD”
Review of Abbasi's

Abbasi's
Ranked #23 of 32 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Description: Located in Snowdonia National Park, our restaurant brings authentic, simple and tasty Indian Cuisine to North Wales.
Reviewed 12 June 2021

After my first time In betws y coed we decided to book abbasis for our first meal.
As vegetarian/vegan there was an amazing choice. Usually you get the curry of the day but the choice of food was incredible.
I had the butter paneer masala and my partner had the veg madras with matar putlao rice and we both had a garlic naan and the food was beyond amazing. We also had the red lentil kebab which doesn’t look like a kebab but takes amazing!!!!

Yes there was a wait but the wait is definitely worth it. I cannot fault the food in anyway way and it was beyond beautiful. Full compliments to the chef who came out to speak to us. Every time we come back to betws y coed we will be booking a table.

BEAUTIFUL FOOD!!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Well this is confidently the worse curry I’ve had for a long time. I ordered a chicken madras, my partner ordered a chicken tikka…. Both were the same colour and same taste, only difference was mine had slightly more spice…! Poppadoms were a joke and you had enough sauce for one dip…!

1  Thank cuds05
Reviewed 7 June 2021

The starter was great and the curry was lovely, with great depth of flavour and fresh vegetables. Lots of choice for veggies too. Really good. The service was very good and the decor in the restaurant was nice too. Book in advance though. We had a lovely evening.

Reviewed 4 June 2021

Starting to come out of COVID and the measures placed on restaurants about the number of tables, distance apart, safety measures they have to adhere to. We as paying guests have to make allowances for slower service and longer waiting times. However I have just partially eaten the worst Indian meal I have ever had the displeasure of being served. My family of six all ordered different meals. Amazingly each one placed on the table was the same guy brown colour. Firstly we had to wait 30 mins for our starter of 6 popadoms ( greasy and waxy ) with watery gloop masquerading as mint raita ( so foul it should have been poured down the drain ). Next we had to wait a further hour and 10 mins to be served the WORST food it has ever been my displeasure to eat. A chicken korma that was both bitter and sour, quite the feat for a meal normally cooked with almonds, coconut and coconut milk. This travesty was then followed by a a chicken tikka masala that tasted like no version I have ever had. It’s normal vibrant red orange colour was replaced by a vapid brown sludge. My chicken biryani was so bad I just managed to eat the 6 tiny pieces of chicken before I gave up pushing this travesty around my plate. And lastly we had plonked on the table two anaemic Naan breads who clearly never saw the inside of a clay tandoor oven. The two waitresses, whilst pleasant enough could not even be bothered to apologise for then wait or even ask if we wanted any more drinks whilst we waited, were clearly out of their depth and overwhelmed with the amount of customers the had to serve hence the woeful wait before any food was served. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favour and avoid this terrible restaurant at all costs.

2  Thank U8806JQmp
Reviewed 28 May 2021

We booked from our hotel not realising it had changed hands and was now a curry house. Food cooked to order and full of flavour and meat dishes had lots of meat. The table next to ours also really enjoyed the authentic home produced food

Date of visit: May 2021