“Sunday lunch very hot and”

Bridge Restaurant and Bar 1815
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: Bar, Welsh
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

Sunday lunch very hot and tasty even in covid times .... 2 course meal well worth the price . Good service too

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (145)

Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Visited tonight on the last night of our holiday and to say we were disappointed is an understatement. I understand with what is going at the moment there are no tables set nicely so it looks more like a canteen but it had no atmosphere at all. A party of 3 we were sat at a table obviously meant for 2 so one of us was facing the wall, I did ask to move tables which they did thankfully.
On ordering the lamb we were told it would be served pink.......that would have been nice but it was actually over cooked and to be honest all 3 meals must have been out in about 10 minutes so I would suggest that the lamb was cooked beforehand and maybe reheated along with the veg. The fish and chips were hot and the fish obviously freshly cooked. The 2 desserts were very nice though.
No I didn’t complain when at the restaurant as to be honest I didn’t want to embarrass the staff or myself but at £92 it was a complete rip off and after other meals in Betws-y-coed where by far nicer and a better value I was very disappointed.

2  Thank Dawn F
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Having a few days away, we decided to eat at the hotel. Covid restrictions made for a strange atmosphere as the tables seemed very bare. Temperatures were taken and staff were all wearing mouthguards low on their faces, which looked more effective than the usual face shields. One of us had the Welsh lamb. This was delicious, as were the accompanying red cabbage and dauphinoise potatoes. The burger was very nice too, although the chips could have been a bit crispier. Reading the previous review, I can't help wondering whether those diners were suffering from the virus as everything on our plates was nicely cooked and tasty. The banoffee dessert was enormous and very enjoyable. The staff were efficient and attentive enough without rushing you. All-in-all a very pleasant meal though sadly missing a little something due to the current situation.

Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

Started off by being seated in a swift manner, unfortunately like any other restaurant still having to adhere to covid rules. They also have a reduced menu at the time of writing.

We began by ordering the olives and bread. This came promptly however... the bread was burnt and smelled like it had been handled by as 40 a day smoker. The other bread was a little like chewing a rubber band ball.. the addition of 'balsalmic' was a tiny bit uninspiring.

As we are in Wales we then ordered the Welsh roast lamb with dauphinoise potatoes, red cabbage and veg.
To be fair the presentation was nice, the taste didn't match. Nothing really tasted how it should. My girlfriend described the carrots as gone off and the green beans looked a little sad. The word awful was also thrown around for the cabbage. The lamb in parts was really nice, and in others really not.

I finished my meal and I was starving after our hike and everywhere else was booked. My girlfrend didn't finish hers. Following this we chose not to get dessert.

Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

We went to the Waterloo for an evening meal. There were 9 of us and got a large table. The restaurant is large and spacious, which is reassuring during Covid. The kids meals were good value and looked tasty. The adult meals were also delicious especially the lamb which was perfectly cooked. Even though it was quite busy the food didn’t take very long to come out. Nothing to complain about. Would return.

Date of visit: August 2020